She creates all the recipes here on Dinner, then Dessert, fueled in no small part by her love for bacon. Appalachian gal here. One of my favorite ways to eat cabbage is in stuffed cabbage rolls (or golabki as my Polish husband calls them.) We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. We have a favorite marinade, casserole and sandwich. Once the cooler weather hits soups are a great go to dinner. Love soup, too, and it will hit the spot on a cool autumn day. There is something about harvesting cabbage in the cool weather, just after a light frost that brings out its natural sweetness. Cook, breaking the large pieces of the meat with the back of a wooden spoon, for 5-7 minutes. You can completely omit the beef and use vegetable broth to make this vegetarian. I am a trained Private Chef of almost 10 years. Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. Just brown the meat, chop the veggies, and throw everything in a pot to simmer. In the recipe below, for the liquid, I used a mix of chicken stock with water. You can also add uncooked rice about an hour (on high) before the time is up. Seriously cannot wait to try this cabbage soup. Just like cabbage rolls, we want to go with green cabbage. Among the vegetables I grow in my fall garden, I would have a hard time choosing a favorite. Add in the diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, beef broth and the cooked beef and let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes then stir in the cooked rice and cook until its warmed through and serve. But on a busy weeknight? Add in the onion and cook until translucent. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "myhomemader0f-20"; Chef approved recipes for dinners and desserts. This week will be cool in SOCa so I’m looking forward to soup on my menu before we get our Santa Ana winds and we’re back to salads for a while! Your email address will not be published. This stuffed cabbage soup is easily prepared in one pot for a new, easy version of the hearty classic dish that's just as flavorful. Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Corn Soup with Rivels, Sausage and Barley Stuffed Delicata Squash, Italian-Style Stuffed Peppers in the Slow Cooker, 1 ½ pounds 85% ground beef (grass-fed, if possible), 1 medium head of cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped. I love them all – green, red, savoy, napa, bok choy. In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. You can also use brown rice as a healthier alternative to white rice. I like to serve this dish with Garlic Bread or Dinner Rolls and butter, and some extra rice on the side. When I’m freezing cabbage soup, I undercook the cabbage slightly, to prevent it from overcooking when you reheat the soup. Yield: 8 servings, Amount per serving: 537 calories, Calories: 537g, Carbohydrates: 69g, Protein: 18g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Sodium: 833mg, Potassium: 733mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 540g, Vitamin C: 51.7g, Calcium: 118g, Iron: 3.5g. Stir it a few times during the cooking process. Add chopped cabbage, tomatoes, stock, bay leaf, dill, paprika and Worcestershire sauce. This delectable casserole makes eight healthy servings and leftovers heat If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. I love cooking for family and friends and sharing easy, flavorful recipes. I hope you enjoy it! Stuffed Cabbage Soup recipe that tastes just like the stuffed cabbage rolls, but done in one pot and in less than 45 minutes. this recipe looks very good. It combines all the delicious flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls with a lot less time and effort. A big pan of stuffed cabbages is just right for a Sunday dinner. Had to make a few changes because I used a pot that wasn’t large enough so I used a bit less stock and I also used brown rice but only about 2 cups, maybe less. Now a supermarket cabbage is just fine, but if you can grow a few heads of cabbage in the fall, or pick up a locally-grown one at your market, do it. pinterest link facebook link twitter link instagram link rss link. Stir in the cabbage and rice. Love soup, too, and it will hit the spot on a cool autumn day. You can top stuffed cabbage with crispy chopped bacon for extra flavor, which also works great for this soup! Remove and set aside. Stuffed cabbage soup will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days in an airtight container. A … Right before serving, stir in the vinegar and parsley. Love soup, too, and it will hit the spot on a cool autumn day. This post may contain affiliate links. Simmer, uncovered for 45 minutes, or until cabbage is just tender. Add ground beef, onion, and bell peppers. In a large saucepan, brown ground beef in 2 tablespoons of butter until almost cooked through. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week! This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Hooray for Fall!! Easy to make, basic ingredients, inexpensive, nourishing, and delicious – I mean, does it get any better? You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Curry Tomato Soup With Cumin Roasted Shrimp, 31+ Quick Ground Beef Recipes -- easy, family-friendly dinner ideas, 31+ Quick Ground Beef Recipes — easy, family-friendly dinner ideas | TheDirtyGyro, 31+ Quick Ground Beef Recipes — easy, family-friendly dinner ideas – recipequicks, Roasted Kabocha Squash Soup with Sesame Seeds, Pumpkin Ginger Soup Recipe (Vegan & Gluten-Free). If you want to switch things up, you can substitute ground beef with ground turkey. Omit the salt and use low-sodium beef broth for a lower sodium version of this soup. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. A favorite veggie, a favorite dressing and dip. This dish freezes well and is a great way to feed a crowd. It really is a great fall soup. *This post may contain affiliate links, which means I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you if you click through and make a purchase.*. Turn on the sauté function. Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking. I hope you try this recipe, and if you do, I hope you love it. Nothing fancy, just no-frills, down-home cooking.…, Though these adorable little heirloom squashes are not as well-known as their cousins the acorn…, Until recently, I haven't been much of a slow cooker kinda gal, always preferring instead…, Filed Under: Casseroles and One-Pot, Comfort Food, Fall, Freezer Meals, Main Dishes, Slow Cooker, Soups and Stews, Uncategorized, Winter Tagged With: cabbage, Cabbage Rolls, golabki, Golumpki, Stuffed Cabbage, We will love your Stuffed Cabbage Soup, it looks delicious! It’s got all my favorite ingredients. Miz Helen. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and ground beef, stirring until beef is browned. Or stir in cubed tofu a few minutes before serving. Cabbage soup is a great dish for making ahead and freezing for busy nights, so make a double batch next time! But, either one would work. I used a medium size green cabbage, which yielded 6-7 cups of sliced cabbage, but there are no rules here. I adore everything about this. You can also undercook it slightly if you want to leave some crunch in the cabbage. If I use uncooked rice, do I still use 3 cups? Trust me on this. Thanks! I love that it’s prepared so quickly! This dish freezes well. Read More…, COPYRIGHT ©2017-2020, My Homemade Roots. Stuffed Cabbage Soup is the BEST way to keep warm in the winter, made with hearty ground beef, chopped cabbage, and rice in a tomato and beef broth, it tastes just like cabbage rolls!