It may be that they have a better appreciation of the fafact that life is, indeed "too short. It seemed that everyday as we were leaving the hotel, the cleaning staff was always sitting in other rooms watching tv and lounging around.In addition to outragous room rates, we were charged $25 a day plus tax for parking!! We were close to all the French Quarter attractions but far enough away from Bourbon St. that we didn't hear the partying. We had an interior room for jazzfest, and it was awful! If you go, make sure to have your palm read by Jerick in Jackson Square, go to Johnny's Po'boys for lunch, the Palm Court for a wonderful dinner and live jazz, and of course Cafe du Monde for the beignets. The room we stayed in had no windows, but was quiet and cozy. Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com. We stayed in a room facing Chartres street and could see St. Louis Cathedral from the balcony. The hotel needs a serious HVAC overhaul. I would love at some point to have a street balcony, but would expect it to be loud and perhaps something best appreciated by 30 something’s out for a great time in the Quarter.This hotel is old and that is its charm. The Place D'Armes is literally steps away from the St. Louis Cathedral and the rich street theater of Jackson Square and within easy walking distance of all major downtown New Orleans attractions - Bourbon Street, Royal Street, the French Market, and Canal Street. The woman knew for a fact she talked to a man earlier that day. If you’re looking for a historical site to spend the night at or a haunted location to enjoy an evening stay, then this is the perfect hotel for you. The desk clerk replied, "Oh, him, that's our ghost!". Even with the negatives I recommend staying at this hotel - mostly because of the location and the beautiful buildings and garden. "It is easy to forget this, and to evaluate the city and its inhabitants as though their lives are like our own, and to perhaps hold them to standards we would expect in New York or San Francisco. On all the haunted tours I've taken, everyone mostly glosses over the Place d'Armes (many say the staff just makes up stories), but one hotel that consistently makes the Top 10 Most Haunted Hotels in U.S. list is the Hotel Provincial, which they say used to be part of a Civil War era hospital. We had a wonderful time and let our imaginations go crazy.More. This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. - See 3,244 traveler reviews, 1,559 candid photos, and great deals for Place d'Armes Hotel at Tripadvisor. We always have a wonderful stay, especially when the amazing staff upgrades our room. It took 3 tries to find our room ( the hotel is designed like maze!) The location of this hotel is perfect. I booked myself into the Place d'Armes for a business trip, not knowing it was one of the most haunted places in the Vieux Carre. The A/C isappalling- recirculating mold spores is hardly pleasant & non opening windows only magnifies the problem. Guests and staff alike strongly feel that the hotel is primarily haunted by the teacher and the several young children who all died here years before. I felt that the tiny difficulties we had were negligible, and certainly understandable, in light of what New Orleans has been through in recent years. There were no windows, so good luck knowing if it's the middle of the night, 11 in the morning, sunny, or pouring rain out. Here’s why you need to watch your valuables, NOPD: Son shot to death by relative after stabbing parents, killing one, on Thanksgiving morning. On all the haunted tours I've taken, everyone mostly glosses over the Place d'Armes (many say the staff just makes up stories), but one hotel that consistently makes the Top 10 Most Haunted Hotels in U.S. list is the Hotel Provincial, which they say used to be part of a Civil War era hospital. When my husband and I arrived at the Place D’Armes, I felt absolutely transported back in time. Just remember that all older building have their problems.This was our first time in NOLA and it was wonderful. Now two centuries later many visitors from all over the world stay at the luxury hotel and many come away with a paranormal experience. And although we called hotel managment on it, we still saw the same staffers in the lobby each evening of our stay. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Show less The beds were over slept in ,judging by the lumps and the sheets were very thin and the pillows more so. The people are welcoming and so glad to have visitors back after Katrina. I would say that this hotel has both good and bad points. Plenty of other Quarter hotels don't charge if you are a guest!And the kicker is, the front desk staff got caught talking smack about us as we were leaving the hotel. Upon arrival, our room was not quite ready. Awesome location, amazing staff, love the historic hotel vibe and loved every room we stayed in for the past several years. The Place d’Armes is reportedly one of the most haunted hotels in the city amongst the Hotel Monteleone and the Bourbon Orleans. - See 3,239 traveler reviews, 1,556 candid photos, and great deals for Place d'Armes Hotel at Tripadvisor. It is well cared for, thoughtful in design - tables & chairs galore, nooks and crannies and a sweet dipping pool. Standing under the gas lights in the beautiful brick entranceway, I could imagine myself in another century, and I could hear the locals chattering away in an 18th Century French patois. Prices are the average nightly price provided by our partners and may not include all taxes and fees. "We can't wait to go back to Place d'Armes Hotel. Place D'Armes In the heart of the French Quarter, Place D'Armes Hotel is located in what was also the heart of New Orleans in the 1700 and 1800s. The carpet in our room was stained and I don't think it was vacuumed once during our stay. The buildings are beautiful and the courtyard is absolutely gorgeous (a couple got married there during our stay). The bathroom was adequate, but far less luxurious than the room rate. If you book here, take airfreshner, your own bedding and towels, and a high tolerance for being treated rudely! Saint and LSU Thanksgiving weekend, Sign up for NOLA Notes and WGNO news emails, Manager tells customer over mask controversy: ‘You are not the mask police’, WATCH: Biologists remove rope and rebar from antlers of buck in Provo, Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets, Second stimulus checks: Here’s how Biden might try to boost the economy, BP oil spill funds cover Louisiana boat launch, pier project, Workers worldwide hold ‘Make Amazon Pay’ protests on Black Friday, Iran scientist linked to military nuclear program killed, Here’s what is coming to Netflix – and what’s leaving – in December, Here’s how drinking hot cocoa could make you smarter, Is your Amazon Black Friday purchase a good deal? more. Frankly, as we were there during the height of Jazz Fest, the lack of windows provided silence and a darkened room when we found we preferred sleep to the bustle and activity out on the street. Place d' Arms was the highlight of our trip to New Orleans! The Place d’ Armes was built in 1725 and is an excellent example of 18th-century architecture. I am not one to post reviews at all, but this place moved me to tell the world not to waste their money. The [2020] haunted Place d'Armes Hotel has been known to scare even the hardiest of souls. But I know from the tour I took of the devastation left by Katrina, that contractors are in short supply, and there is little that has been done. Later, the woman went to the hotel lobby and talked about the cool man she met on the adjacent balcony. Place d'Armes Hotel: Old and Haunted!! And after a long day of sighseeing, we couldn't wait to get back to the courtyard for cocktails and the lovely weather and fragrant smells of the honeysuckle in bloom! They warned us repeatedly that our room was an interior one, without windows, so we were not disappointed to find we had no view. Once our room was ready our bags were taken to our room by a nice elderly gentleman. But better yet, it is within close walking distance of three of the more haunted cemeteries - St. Louis 1 2 and 3 - and more than a handful of haunted buildings.