Map updates are paused. 422 reviews $$$ American (Traditional), Bars Other questions for The Polo Bar. Of course it's classy, but not necessarily more expensive or exclusive than other places. Recipes and more delivered to your inbox. The Polo Bar has some solid raw bar offerings as well, like extra plump Shrimp Cocktail and first rate Montauk Pearl Oysters. I’m torn between the Bone-In Rib Eye and the Polo Bar Strip Steak, both wondrously charred on the outside, wickedly tasty and tender within, with an addictive Spicy Garlic Sauce. And it would most definitely be a travesty not to gush about the burger and those magnificent steaks. The strip is a killer cut, indelibly crusty, with plenty of juices to swipe those fantastic French fries through. It’s entirely worth playing the reservation game to dine at The Polo Bar, even if you have to swallow your pride and take the Tuesday at 6pm slot. The Spotted Pig. The East Harlem 10-table Italian restaurant has hosted Leonardo DiCaprio, rapper Fat Joe, former President Bill Clinton, former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, and baseball legend Hank Aaron. Warm and inviting, The Polo Bar offers cocktails and light fare at the bar and dinner in the main dining room downstairs. Williams, who has a one-year-old daughter with husband Alexis Ohanian, told People in December that pregnancy hasn't changed her friend one bit. Polo Bar, whose name reeks exclusivity, is Lauren's third restaurant (his first, RL, is in Chicago; Ralph's is in Paris), and, according to its website, it is inspired by "classic New York establishments" with dishes that are his "personal favorites." (I cannot imagine the agonies the receptionists must go through listening to people demanding tables when there are none and dropping names when their own are not enough to count.). The space honors the Ralph Lauren brand with artwork of horses, polo matches and sports. Jerry Stiller at Lucky Strike (credit: Larry Busacca/Getty Images). The room works because its segments and alcoves are arranged so that those who need to see and be seen are not disadvantaged, even if some social climbers fret about which are the "A" tables. All the tables are dotted with itty bitty silver bowls filled with nuts, homemade potato chips, and fried olives so addictive I could eat them like popcorn. Rao’s offers a memorable dining experience and a rotational menu, but people can always expect to order a dish of their meatballs. Growing up in the Bronx in the same era as did Ralph Lauren, I never thought our paths would cross until he announced he was opening Polo Bar, set adjacent to his new flagship Fifth Avenue store. By viewing our video content, you are accepting the terms of our. New York, NY 10014 Oh no, you’ll want to dress the part and most definitely dress up to spend an evening here. As for sides, there’s seriously luscious mashed potatoes and hen of wood mushrooms, both a natural marriage with these meats. An Olivier Leflaive Meursault 1er Cru Charmes 2009 at $220 is almost a bargain. 212-488-2110. Orders are delivered Wednesday through Saturday, from 4 PM to 9 PM. Cash Rules: New York City Businesses To Face $1,000 Fine For Failing To Accept Dollars, Coins As Payment, 2 NYPD Officers Shot In Springfield Gardens, Queens; Suspect Dead, COVID In New York: Cuomo Says It's Possible NYC Schools Could Reopen Even If Positivity Rate Stays Above 3%, David Dinkins, New York City's Only Black Mayor, Dead At 93, Mayor: Brooklyn Synagogue That Reportedly Held Massive Wedding Earlier In November To Be Fined $15,000, COVID In NYC: Business Owners On Edge With Another Possible Shutdown Looming, Say They Need Compensation To Stay Afloat, COVID In NYC: Staten Island Getting Emergency Coronavirus Treatment Facility As More Restrictions Loom, Demanding Answers, Getting Action: Following CBS2 Report, Kristin Bruan Gets Daughter Seated In City's Learning Bridges Program, New Jersey Redesigns Driver's Licenses To Protect Against Fraud, Identity Theft, Despite COVID Warnings, Many Still Traveling This Thanksgiving: 'There's Nothing That's Going To Stop Me From Seeing My Family'. But don’t give up that easily! Prices not cheap however not as expensive as some NYC restaurants! An awful lot of items pin "Ralph" to their description--even "Ralph's Coffee"--and that includes some very good coffee ice cream with dark chocolate shortbread cookies ($10). Editors handpick every product that we feature. And so, Polo Bar is what it was intended to be, and that is, very attractive, extremely hospitable, a show case for RL style, and at the moment tough to get into--bookings are already a month out.