I’ve tried countless recipes and this is the only one that tastes great! That’s it. Here’s What Worked for Me, 20 Sweet And Savory Indian Snacks For Your Diwali Celebration, Here’s What You Need to Be Eating for Naturally Clear Skin, 25 Meat-Free Main Dishes for Your Thanksgiving Feast, 5 Reasons Why Pit Bulls are Misunderstood, 10 Home Items You Can Reuse Over and Over Again. Steph, I’m so happy to hear how much you enjoyed the BBQ sauce!! It contains “tomato concentrate, distilled vinegar, high-fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, salt, spice, onion powder, natural flavoring”. I’m an NYC based holistic nutritionist who holds a BS and MS in Clinical Nutrition, work in vegan recipe development, privately teach yoga, and am a future vegan cookbook author. Thanks for taking the time to comment with your feedback :). awesome recipe!! I think some of the confusing regarding “tomato sauce” may be that the Brits and other commonwealth countries call tomato sauce what Americans know as ketchup. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and puree until you get a smooth consistency. My can of tomato sauce contains “water, tomato paste, onion powder, citric acid, garlic powder”. You can use this sauce for any of these recipes. STEP TWO. Black Bean and Zucchini Tortilla Casserole. Please do not use our pictures or recipes unless you ask our permission. I love your adjustments and substitutions — sounds awesome! Drain the water from the sun-dried tomatoes and dates, which you have soaked for at least one hour. Cold enough for schools to close = cold enough to be a named event of chilly terror. Since store-bought BBQ sauce often contains all sorts of highly-processed ingredients and unpronounceable additives, I figured it was probably about time to try making a healthier homemade version from a short but mighty list of goodies. Cooked Recipes; NEW! Lemon Ginger Tea: 5 Reasons Why You Should Drink It, 3 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup, 1 tablespoon molasses (or substitute an extra tablespoon, 2 to 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari, or to taste, Use a few drops of hot sauce or Sriracha sauce if you’d like a spicier effect. You’ll also appreciate that it doesn’t contain any of the nasty ingredients you’ll find in store bought barbecue sauce, such as high fructose corn syrup. We love to hear from you! is it vegan and or an organic product, I assume so, but I’m really new to what isn’t all natural. GREAT VEGAN BBQ WITHOUT A GRILL and THE ULTIMATE VEGAN COOKBOOK. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; It’s also oil-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free. We love vegan comfort food and we’re really good at making it. Great to know that I have an easy staple I can make in the kitchen from now on! Zaeem, most tomato sauces taste pretty much the same, though I tend to choose organic products like Muir Glen. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Per Serving: Calories: 833 | Carbs: 153 g | Fat: 9g | Protein: 32 g | Sodium: 15081 mg | Sugar: 141 g. Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Dan and I are lovahs of barbecue sauce and we can slather through a bottle in a few weeks. Just 10 ingredients (water included) and a speedy simmer stand between you and this vegan 10-Minute Sweet & Tangy Maple BBQ Sauce. You’ll get a peek into our everyday lives in our stories and see what we’re sharing in our feed. Home » Raw Recipes » Condiments » Spicy BBQ Sauce, ~ raw, vegan, gluten-free, nut-free ~ Spicy BBQ Sauce is one of my husband’s favorite condiments. Quick and easy — and it tasted terrific! I didn’t want some overly-complicated, fussy sauce that required multiple pans, copious amounts of time, or goofy techniques, so this sauce came to be with those parameters in mind. This sauce turned out so great! So on that note..what is smoked flavoring and where can I buy it? This easy, no-cook vegan barbecue sauce recipe takes nearly no time to make. Hi there! This Made my sauce a bit thinner than normal BBQ sauce, but the flavor was exceptional!! Enjoy! Click on the titles to check them out. Oh, it’s possible, and it’s even more flavorful than you’d expect. A 15-ounce can should be sufficient for this. Make sure you subscribe to Veganosity for added bonuses and updates! I followed the recipe before reading the cmments, and the resulting sauce is very thin. Remove it from the heat and let it cool before pouring the sauce into a jar. I was amazed today as I was making this just how much the smell of BBQ sauce could transport me back to family picnic gatherings. Good thing vegan bbq doesn’t require a grill. On second thought, maybe I’m the one who’s sassy today. Now sit back, relax, and eat happy.