Sprinkle Oreo crumbs and heart shaped sprinkles over the cheesecake and serve. Write a poem about its beauty. You have to check it out just so you can oooh and ahhh hover her amazing creations! What a fun dessert!! This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. I use the bottom of a ½ cup measure cup that has been prayed with cooking spray to press the crumbs in. You may sub 1 1/ cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (or regular graham cracker crumbs) for the crushed Oreos. It’s creamy, smooth and has that not quite chocolate, not quite vanilla flavor that we all love! It’s a simple trio of Oreos that have been crushed into crumbs combined with melted butter and sugar. Let’s add those Oreos to the filling, too! Grease the sides of a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. This recipe combines two of my favorite treats; cheesecake and Oreos, into an amazing dessert! Some people are wary of using this method because of the possibility of water leakage through tears in the foil. So if there are any cracks there, they’ll be buried by the frosting! Or maybe you can make it and keep two slices for you and your partner, and then give two slices to another couple you know, and another couple to your grandparents and the rest to your kid’s teacher. Your email address will not be published. Cover the cooled cheesecake and place it in the fridge overnight or for 8 hours until it's set up and chilled. Fit a pastry bag fitted with desired piping tip, then fill with remaining icing and decorate! Just imagine a table full of desserts and snacks, and you roll up with this gorgeous monstrosity and drop the mic. This is the best cheesecake for the holidays! If your cheesecake cracks, don't worry!  You'll be covered the top of it with frosting, and no one will know. I love hearing from you! Spread evenly on top of the cheesecake. Oh my, this cake has the best things in one place. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. I’d been toying with the idea of a red velvet cheesecake, but I’m not a big fan of just straight, creamy cheesecake. Red velvet is perfect for Valentine’s Day, but it is also a flavor that we eat all year round. Or maybe you’ve tried my recipe for my very popular Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake! The edges of the cheesecake shouldn't move and the center would slightly jiggle like jello. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. That is one fun blog. Add the red velvet filling to the crust, then top with the Oreo filling (or vice versa). Let the cheesecake stand in oven for 30 minutes. Super decadent and rich desserts are right up my alley! It can stay fresh in the fridge for about 3 days after you make it. Add the whipped cream to a piping bag with a wilton 1M piping tip and pipe swirls on the chilled cheesecake. Especially, when it is dripping with cream cheese frosting. You'll know it is done cooking when the outer edges of the cheesecake feel firm to the touch while the center looks wet and jiggles when shaken. It's not completely necessary but does make it easier if you plan to transfer the cheesecake to a serving platter. This recipe comes from Oh, Bite it. Enjoy over 3,000 recipes, entertaining tips, and travel adventures! I love the deep red, unique flavor that is so incredible. Fold heavy cream mixture into cream cheese mixture. Watch the video showing you how to make this cheesecake, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make it at home! Cover and chill for at least 8 hours (or overnight). If you're not big on frosting, you can leave it off entirely or cut the frosting recipe in half. I gave this to a bunch of different people and everyone’s reaction was a variation of “OMFG” or “YOU MADE THIS??”. (Privacy Policy) *. Beat the cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Save some for mini cheesecakes or it may overflow. It’s covered with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting too. I have a feeling it won’t be the last though because this cheesecake is something else! Take a look at the photo above. It’s covered with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting too. This will give a more defined layered look. Place in the oven and allow to preheat along with the oven. I’ll keep checking it every 10 minutes or so to make sure it doesn’t burn! container of cream cheese frosting..softened in the microwave. Please visit my disclaimer page for recipe result, affiliate, accessibility and other disclaimers. Layer the fillings by starting with a layer of ½ of the Oreo filling, then a layer of ½ of the red velvet filling, then the other ½ of the Oreo, then finish with the other ½ of the red velvet. This cheesecake looks phenomenal and perfect for Valentine’s Day! To test the recipe, gently jiggle the pan. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Pour into center of cake and it will sink right down. Simply place a pan of water on a lower rack, and bake the cheesecake on a rack above the pan. It’s good. If you’re a fan of Oreos and cheesecake like I am, you really need to try this recipe! Return to the oven on a cookie sheet (in case of overflow-mine did not overflow but better safe!). An exquisite Red Velvet Cheesecake made from an Oreo crust, filled with velvety smooth dark chocolate and cream cheese and topped with lashings of softly whipped double cream. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You know, spread the cheesecakey love. When you take your first bite, I guarantee you’re going to make that muffled “ERMEHGERD” sound. Add butter and press in pan. Okay, yum!!! Slice and serve this cheesecake up today, and see how your family and friends like it. Every time we’ve either made or bought anything red velvet, he eats 1 or 2 slices and then we end up throwing away the rest. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Add the oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until all of the cookies are fine crumbs. (if crumbs don't press together add drop more butter.) Add in the sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth and well combined. Attachment This Red Velvet Cheesecake is such a pretty cheesecake to make for the holidays. Mix in the vinegar, salt and cocoa powder and mix on low until just combined and there are no lumps. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I would have never thought to use these red velvet oreos in a cheesecake but I think it’s brilliant! Check after 40 minutes and then keep checking every 10 minutes to make sure it doesn’t burn! This is the perfect, decadent Valentine’s Day dessert. While it is baking prepare cheesecake by beating ingredients. I decided to make it with two different fillings: red velvet, and vanilla with Red Velvet Oreos. If you don’t like to use a water bath, then you can choose this alternate method. Quite the opposite, they are exciting adventurous and 100% drool worthy. Preheat the oven to 325°F. It’s so pretty! Your email address will not be published. I used 1.5 ounces in my cheesecake. Pour in the melted butter and give it a good stir until all of the cookie crumbs are coated in butter.