Area type classifications are based on populations and proximity to major city centers. This makes the Safety Scores more understandable. In Gilbert, the community, neighborhoods, schools, and public areas are just overall great and I'm glad to live in such an amazing area! If you live in or near the Southwest, northern Arizona is the safest bet. Thank you! The heavy duty security cord was cut. For one, Florence is home to many … There has been an astounding 10.5% drop in property crime in this city, and nearly 20% drop in violent crime. 17 Safest Cities in Arizona: Safest Places to Live in AZ 1. Just be aware of tourist season which adds some crowds throughout the year. traffic was bad but has only gotten worse since they are building a new subdivision on every open plot of land, u…, Once you get past the warm summers, living in El Mirage is actually quite enjoyable. Great schools , community, very family friendly. The climate is awesome. There are 27 Indian reservations in the state, and the largest tribe in the country made up of 300,000 Native Americans resides here. Current Resident: Oro Valley is a great community for families with younger children, or senior citizens. The town has great schools with really good employers on staff; therefore, parents find it…, queen creek has been split into san tan valley also, but they're pretty much the same. Prescott Valley should be Chicago's sister city, its windy almost every day. In some cases, a city may be associated with an MSA across a state line. I would totally move here. Higher weights were given to violent crimes. The only eight safest neighborhoods are; Saguaro Miraflores, Tucson Park West, Houghton, Prince Tucson, Rita Ranch, and Ironwood Ridges. Gilbert. Bill/LindaRead 29 Reviews. The current population of this small community is less than 20,000 so it is a quaint little…, When I lived in Fountain Hills Az, I was living with my Sister who had a high-paying executive job with a hospital. Having lived in Florence, AZ a relatively long time of 24 years, we have seen much happen here, largely for the better despite the encroachment of new housing developments. The…, In my opinion, this city does not have, much to offer and there is a low income per capita. Do you want mom & pop shops to die? With so many golf courses, it’s easy to see why Oro Valley boasts one of the lowest crime rates in the state. This is a small town on the outskirts of Tucson. Then, this combined score is normalized and fit within 100% to 80% for the violent crimes and 60% to 80% for the property crimes. Finally, demographic metrics that are correlated to crime have a small impact on Safety Score. This is because a large city such as New York City will have more crime occurrences simply because it has such a large population. The process of dividing per 100,000 residents allows for fairer comparison among cities of different sizes. However, each of these factors is not given equal consideration. Monica is a staff writer for Only In Your State, photo editor for The Mesa Legend, and previously a staff writer for The Navajo Post. As part of the Phoenix metro area, Apache Junction is a community of approximately 38,000 people located just outside of Mesa, Arizona. 3.friendly 4.growing…, The best areas in Paradise Valley, AZ are Dolphinaris where you can get close to and swim with dolphins. Weights are determined by a combination of seriousness (as determined by FBI) and society’s fear (as determined by a large 2016 study by Chapman University). This results in a digestible national list of safe cities and reduces the risk of outlier statistics. 4. Arizona is the 6th largest state and is most known for the Grand Canyon and other national parks like the famed Horseshoe Bend. The median home value in Thatcher is around $143k which is significantly under the national average.