Test yourself with our free English language quiz about 'Say & Tell'. So first of all doing those exercises should help you to improve your English and also you might even find yourself smiling now and again. What did she tell you ? What did she say to you ? I’m going […] THE “I CAN’T” FUNERAL by CHICK MOORMAN. A. It is designed to get students talking with one another and introducing themselves. Julie _____ that she would join us after work. SAY AND TELL Exercise 2: Put the beginnings and ends together (A to E) and (1 to 5). THERE WILL COME SOFT RAINS by RAY BRADBURY, REST IN PEACE. What did she say you ? All the exercises on this page were created using a PDF format, it means that you can easily print them. said; spoke; told; We use the verb ''say'' in both direct and indirect English. We can’t hear you here at the back. Practise using them in the quiz below! She _____ me that she was going running this evening. But sometimes you must admit that some sort of work needs to be done in that area. Please don’t me that you have already done everything. Both verbs say and tell have similar meanings -to communicate with someone, although they are used differently. Why wait any longer? Paul and I —talkedtoldsaid for three hours. What did you —saytelltalk? 3. Confused verbs in English She said that she was feeling well. talked told said 3. – not defined to whom has been spoken. say tell talk 2. ‘Say’ and ‘Tell’ Put in ‘said’ or ‘told’: 1. Need more practice? B. Feel free to contact me for any questions you may have. ß A Fill the gaps with the correct form of say or te ll. You tell someone something. John _____ that he had been to the cinema at the weekend. All the exercises on this page were created using a PDF format, it means that you can easily print them. We follow it with the words that the person spoke. Feel free to contact me for any questions you may have. 14 She told me all about her holiday in Sicily. John _____ us that he couldn’t come to the party. Welcome to a special section of Busy Teacher where you can find some speaking exercises with the following verbs: say, tell, speak. Generally, their use can be expressed as follows: You say something. Here, you'll find a selection of useful exercises. Tous droits réservés. 12 They say that John's really mean with money. Why wait any longer? Say or Tell. You say something to someone . Si vous continuez à utiliser ce site, nous supposerons que vous en êtes satisfait. 1. 15 I couldn't understand a word of what he was trying to say to me. 4. Say, tell, speak, talk- confusing verbs exercises. ß What did she tell to you ? So first of all doing those exercises should help you to improve your English and also you might even find yourself smiling now and again. Right now there are 69 such worksheets available such as this one. You are here: >> Home >> English Grammar Exercises >> Say vs Tell Exercises >> Say and Tell Worksheet 3 Print exercises and lessons: Hint: For exercises, you can reveal the answers first ("Submit Worksheet") and print the page to have the exercise and the answers. This is a free intermediate English grammar quiz and esl worksheet. Answers are at the bottom of the page. English grammar exercise about using reporting verbs 'say' and 'tell' Exercises; Explanations; Courses 'Say' or 'Tell' Exercise 1. Review say and tell here Download this quiz in PDF here See all reported speech exercises here. 2. You are here: >> Home >> English Grammar Exercises >> Say vs Tell Exercises >> Say and Tell Worksheet 3 Print exercises and lessons: Hint: For exercises, you can reveal the answers first ("Submit Worksheet") and print the page to have the exercise and the answers. Exercise Complete each sentence with the appropriate word: 1. 3. say tell talk 2. These four verbs can cause problems for English learners. tell/say/told/said 1. 4. 13 He told me I wasn't invited to the wedding. See all reported speech exercises here. I didn’t hear you. No sign-up required. C. Einstein's science teacher told him 3. me he wanted to sell his house. Get more Perfect English Grammar with our courses. She didn’t say what she intended to do. Level: Pre-intermediate and above . I didn’t hear you. Paul and I —talkedtoldsaid for three hours. I’m going […] o. Paul was telling them about his jouney but nobody was listening to him. talked told said 3. You are here: >> Home >> English Grammar Exercises >> Say vs Tell Exercises Print exercises and lessons: Hint: For exercises, you can reveal the answers first ("Submit Worksheet") and print the page to have the exercise and the answers.