The standard edition will be priced at $24.99 and the special edition will set you back $29.99 (both are region-locked to the US). Hosted by 44 Bytes. This means that you won’t experience any disc load times during gameplay. Shakedown: Hawaii will be released on Wii on July 9, with a limited run of 3,000 physical copies. (NintendoLife wants me to write more than that, even though I don’t have anything else to add, so there you go), Really odd and slightly shady that that tweet cites a UK release time whilst no UK-native WiiU will run it. It'll be made available on 20th August on the Vblank store and the North American Wii U eShop. Yes, I wish to receive exclusive discounts, special offers and competitions from our partners. However, the Wii version is European Wii U compatible.". The Wii version will be limited to 3,000 copies and cost $29.99. Animal Crossing Wins Nintendo Game Of The Year At The Gol... Where To Buy LEGO Super Mario Sets, Expansion Sets, Power... New Animal Crossing-Themed Nintendo Switch Lite Bundles A... Nintendo Goes Big With Cyber Deals Sale, Up To 50% Off To... "Free Melee" Becomes "Save Smash" Following Nintendo's Le... Square Enix Launches Permanent Work-From-Home Program Nex... Twitch Streamers Banned For Playing Hyrule Warriors: Age ... Where To Buy Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. Join 1,065,886 people following Nintendo Life: © 2020 Nlife Media, partner of Gamer Network. Let me know down below. And now, 14 years later, indie developer Vblank Entertainment is releasing Shakedown:<\/em> Hawaii<\/em> on the old console and also bringing the game to the WiiU too. As for the Wii U, that version supports both SD and HD, 4:3 and 16:9. It seems that’s still doable, for now. Posted by dahubbz. Sniper Elite 4! Build your corporate empire and destroy the competition. For additional details about Shakedown: Hawaii on the Wii U, see our previous post. Open-world action game Shakedown: Hawaii, which launched in May 2019, will soon come out on the 14-year-old Wii and the eight-year-old Wii U - both on disc. All Rights Reserved. But yeah, this is not a bet I would want to take. wyp100. Aug 14. No, Seriously, The Wii And Wii U Are Getting Physical Versions Of Shakedown: Hawaii This Year, Shakedown: Hawaii For Wii U Arrives Next Week. But that's exactly what Vblank Entertainment has done. The entire island is up for grabs... or at least, could be with the right business model. The top-down action game is the follow-up to Retro City Rampage, a game that is similarly available on a wide variety of consoles, handhelds, and PC — including MS-DOS. Shakedown Hawaii Comes to Wii U, Release Date Confirmed! Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Build your own "legitimate" corporation by completing missions, acquiring businesses, sabotaging competitors, "re-zoning" land, and shaking down shops for protection money. I remember when Axiom Verge game out. And now, 14 years later, indie developer Vblank Entertainment is releasing Shakedown:<\/em> Hawaii<\/em> on the old console and also bringing the game to the WiiU too. The Wii port will also be limited to PAL territories; Nintendo of Europe is apparently still manufacturing Wii discs, but North American Wii owners are out of luck, because Wii games aren’t region free. From Vblank: "As mentioned previously, the Wii U version is unfortunately region-locked for North America. @BoyfriendOfDeath I bet they sell out. There are WiiU completionists.... And collectors. The Wii U and Steam versions follow in August. I do own every PAL Wii U game, but am not interested in going for an international full set. Each is limited to 3,000 copies.”. Shakedown: Hawaii was released for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Windows PC in May 2019, with a Nintendo 3DS port arriving in September 2019. But, that's not all! Both versions include all of the currently released content and feature updates, designer Brian Provinciano said in a blog post, as well as the ability to play in 4:3 on your old CRT televisions. The game will also come out in two versions. Wesley is Eurogamer's deputy editor. Oh Look, A New Game Is Coming To Wii And Wii U Shakedown: Hawaii is coming to both systems, although the Wii release will be limited to Europe. (The Wii’s digital store, the Wii Shop Channel, closed down in 2019.) Age of Calamity! No part of this site or its content may be reproduced without the permission of the copyright holder. Shakedown: Hawaii follows three protagonists through a 16-bit open world. Optical drive, Hucard support and plenty more in the Analogue Duo. Watch as they're left with one thousand unsellable copies. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. I took special care to ensure it parallels the experience of the more powerful platforms, and further optimized it to fit entirely into the Wii system memory. Shakedown: Hawaii is also coming to PlayStation®3 digitally that same day! Posted on August 14, 2020, in 2020, Collecting for the Wii U!, Video Game, Youtuber and tagged Last Wii U Game Ever, Shakedown Hawaii, Shakedown Hawaii Wii U, Wii U Collecting. Enter your email below. But, lately I have been contemplating my huge Wii U backlog. Bookmark the permalink. He also likes Street Fighter more than anyone can get him to shut up about it. Shakedown Hawaii for Wii U game reviews & Metacritic score: Vblank's open world action heads to the tropics, in Shakedown: Hawaii. ( Log Out /  *If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. Leave a comment down below. Once the game boots, you’re in! Will you be adding this game to your Wii U collection? Highlights Deals Forum Release dates Tony Hawk skaters Marvel's Avengers characters The best full fibre broadband deals. Shakedown Hawaii Comes to Wii U, Release Date Confirmed! The Wii port will only see release in Europe while the Wii U port will receive a wider release. Please enable cookies to view. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Shakedown: Hawaii follows three protagonists through a 16-bit open world. That said, Wii collectors will probably still want a copy. Shakedown: Hawaii is coming to Wii on July 9, followed by Wii U and Steam in August, developer Vblank Entertainment announced. I'm glad it's coming to Wii U (NA only) and Wii (PAL only) but if you already got it on Switch, PS Vita, or 3DS you don't really need either. Privacy Policy. @Timmytron what a refreshingly positive way to speak about a dead man. It supports the Wii Remote (with shake! The Wii version supports both 50hz and 60hz, and both NTSC and PAL output, and, brilliantly, supports the Wii Remote (with shake), Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro, and GameCube Controller. Why do I say more importantly? }, The Wii port of Shakedown: Hawaii is being released only in Europe while the Wii U port is getting released more widely. Shakedown: Hawaii's Wii U physical edition arrives August 20th! | Da_Hubbz. @HotGoomba The Wii version was released on 9th July. Now you can get the top stories from Kotaku delivered to your inbox. Shakedown: Hawaii coming out on the Wii and the Wii U … Why do I say more importantly? It started out as an experiment to see if they could get the game running on a Wii and once that became possible, they started looking into if they could release a new Wii game in 2020. Shakedown: Hawaii … These ports of the g If you own the game digitally on PS4 or PS Vita, you'll get this new PS3 version for free! He likes news, interviews, and more news.