How To Make The Best Margaritas With a Mix. Actual calories will vary. Depending on your mix/tequila ratio, that serves up a LOT of margaritas! Featured from the TODAY Show to Bon Appetit, Sonja seeks to inspire adventurous eating to make the world a better place one bite at a time. Here’s a few flavor tips based on years of margarita-drinking experience. If you’re planning a Cinco de Mayo gathering, you’ll need this incredible Cinco de Mayo menu guide, filled with all my favorite Mexican-inspired recipes and inspiration. I agree with your margarita recipe but I've never been served this drink with a green olive and I've lived in Mexico for 38 years. Make the margarita mix: Juice the limes and lemons. Fill the glass with ice and serve. The ONLY Homemade Margarita Mix Recipe You’ll Ever Need. It’s time to make the simple margarita recipe. I haven’t, but you could replace the orange juice with triple sec. This popular Mexican cocktail was invented in the 1930s. Whatever you do, just promise me you’ll use lime, lemon, AND orange juice. I’ll have to try the jalapeño recipe too – I’m up for anything spicy. All you need is a small cooler and 24 hours, and your cocktails will look like you ordered it in a fancy bar. Try Sauza’s Blue Silver for one good option at an awesome price point! This means that there’s an “official” definition of the margarita, which is: Yep, that’s it! Run a lime wedge around the rim of a cocktail glass. A Couple Cooks has been featured on the TODAY Show, and in numerous national print and online publications, including Washington Post, Huffington Post, Food & Wine, and Bon Appetit. , Have you tried using the triple sec along with the other ingredients you use. I bet it’s a party favorite! . The best margarita recipe! As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases. . The recipes have been well tested and will work for you and your family every time! At restaurants and bars, I tend to ask the bartender if they can “make it tart.” Little did I know, a true margarita contains no sugar at all! Tequila reposado is aged longer, at least 2 months. Serve your favorite way. Combine equal parts water and granulated sugar (ex: 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar) into a microwave safe bowl. You’ve now made a simple margarita at home. Substitute 1/4 of the lime juice with lemon. You are here: A simply perfect and refreshing cocktail! Use a whisk or fork to combine one (1) cup of powdered sugar with one (1) cup of hot tap water. I have found that this mix fits perfectly into a 32 ounce storage bottle, with a little leftover. Share this recipe by clicking the Pinterest button below! We like this drink best with reposado, but you can use whatever you prefer! But tequila reposado also works! (Want a pitcher instead? A classic, Easy Margarita Recipe. Here are a few more of our best cocktails, lime cocktails and sour cocktails you might also enjoy: Sonja Overhiser is author of Pretty Simple Cooking, named one of the best healthy cookbooks of 2018. I find that the store bought mixes can be overly sweet and syrupy, whereas this homemade one is so zingy and fresh. So you’ll wind up with approximately 5-6 cups of margarita mix. I’ll have to try this for a virgin margarita! Leave any questions and comments along with a 5 star review in the recipe card. Do you think SMTY needs another margarita recipe? Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too! You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram searching for Berly’s Kitchen! Why people add all that extra sugar? He’s host of the food podcast Small Bites and founder of the recipe website A Couple Cooks. https://www.delish.com/.../a20139300/best-classic-margarita-recipe Published: Feb 16, 2020 Modified: Nov 20, 2020.