A simple summery tart filled with fresh blueberries, honey, and butter. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F (180ºC) and set an oven rack in the center position. I love the fact that this recipe is so easy and fast to put together! Heat another 30 seconds, mix again. Then place your blueberries evenly over the top. Thaw frozen dough in the refrigerator. Your variations sound soooo good! It’s okay if some of the juices leak from the tart onto the pan. COPYRIGHT © 2011 - 2020 EATWELL101, A REACH MEDIA INC. COMPANY - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I use a fork and just poke holes in the center of the puff pastry. The dough comes together quickly and is rolled out on a piece of parchment paper to keep it from sticking to the counter. The information displayed should not be considered a substitute for professional nutrition advice. While baking puff pastry, in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and 1⁄4 cup sugar. What happened is this Cherry Berry Cream Cheese Pie. Let it cool slightly and dust with powdered sugar before serving. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. You need to poke holes in the puff pastry before you bake, because if you don’t it will puff up so much as it bakes. Assemble the tart A fruity tart that's beautiful and delicious! New spiral notebooks, freshly sharpened pencils, 4,872 glue sticks, and that waxy smell that could only come from a brand new box of Crayola crayons. On your cooled pastry, pour cream cheese mixture and spread evenly on bottom. Use a fork and poke holes in the bottom of the puff pastry. Advertise - The sprinkled sugar topping creates a nice crunch and makes all the difference. Patch up any tears by pinching a bit of dough from the edge. Blueberries shine in this simple, delicious tart. Pecan Pie or Pumpkin Pie: Which One Wins Thanksgiving? I have been making this recipe all summer! Stir together the sour cream and ice water. You can store it in the fridge for 2-4 days depending on the quality. Learn how your comment data is processed. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Please try again. I find cutting a corner and buying it saves time and is delicious all the same. It will be the first day of homework charts and reading reminders, after school snacks and early suppers. Fresh blueberries are plentiful in the summer and we often go pick our own at the local blueberry farm. I also reached for lemon curd, which adds a nice tart lemon flavor to the tart. Tomorrow marks the beginning of sneakers with socks (not for me, though), reliable daily schedules, and early bedtimes. Remove and set aside (if pastry puffs up, use a spatula to press down), and allow to cool at least 30 minutes. This desert really has a rustic look but elegant taste! I love all things blueberry...mmm blueberries!!! get the latest updates and new posts delivered via email: Success! Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Enjoy! If you choose to use frozen, allow them to fully thaw first and try to drain the juice off, then place them on the puff pastry. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and flour. Arrange the blueberries in the center of the pastry, within 3 inches of the edge. Refrigerate the assembled tart in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes. So great! Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brushing the egg over the top will offer a golden color to the pastry, which elevates the presentation value. Evenly spread blueberries on top of cream cheese mixture. Allow it to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before rolling, or until pliable. But for right now, you could do yourself this one last summery favor and use up all those blueberries you were gonna add to your morning oatmeal. I just went there.). It can begin to soften as time goes on. You may unsubscribe at any time. On a floured baking sheet, place puff pastry dough and roll out a bit. You could also use your choice of berries and fruit! |, 9 Baking Mistakes That Ruin Your Cakes, Cookies, Brownies & Bread, The Top Trending Fall Foods & Recipes, According to Google, The Best Places to Buy Baking Ingredients Online, Chowhound Christmas Gift Guide 2020: The Best Gourmet Food & Drink Gifts, The 20 Best ALDI Finds for November Are All About Cookies & Thanksgiving, 8 Easy Ways to Make Boxed Mac & Cheese Taste Like You Made It from Scratch, The Cookbooks We're Most Excited for This Fall, Ready or Not, Pumpkin Spice Products Are Back Again, 7 Helpful Produce Subscriptions You Should Know About, Meal Prep Containers That Will Get You Excited to Make Lunch, The Best Food & Drink Advent Calendars for 2020, Chowhound Christmas Gift Guide 2020: Best Gifts for Food-Loving Families and Parents, Why You Should Spatchcock Your Turkey & How to Do It, The Ultimate Guide to Perfect Mashed Potatoes. Faq - This blueberry tart is like one last hoo-rah before the summer ends. 2. Drop in the butter pieces and work them into the flour mixture. Required fields are marked *. But trust me. Infuse white rum with the flavors and aromatics of strawberries and basil, and top it with the tart fermented tea beverage to create a cupid-approved elixir for Valentine’s Day. Copyright © 2020 Sugar Dish Me | Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine. Your email address will not be published. Set aside. Heather lives in North Carolina with a gaggle of rescue dogs, a few foster dogs [adopt, don't shop! Ontario, Canada mom of two girls. Add heavy cream; mix until combined. Brush the exposed edges of crust with water and then sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of sugar. And the cornmeal makes it sorta special. 19 Great Thanksgiving Desserts That Aren't Pie, How to Bake Three Amazing Pies in One Morning, 10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (1 1/4 sticks), cut into small pieces, 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (from 1/2 medium lemon), 1 pound fresh blueberries (do not use frozen), 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 teaspoons coarse-grained sugar, such as Demerara or turbinado (optional). Slow Cooker Blueberry Coconut Cobbler is a reader favorite. Roses are red, strawberries are too, we all know Kombucha is good for you. Read More…. Bake directly from the freezer. Please calculate your OWN nutrition information in a database using the brand names you have at hand. Rustic is kitchen code for that ugly/pretty thing Tyra always tells the girls to do on Top Model. They use refrigerated biscuits! When your pastry is cooled, spread an even layer of the cream cheese mixture over the inside of the pastry. Using a fork, poke holes throughout the bottom of the pastry sheet. I'd love to hear from you! THE MATERIAL ON THIS SITE MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED, DISTRIBUTED, TRANSMITTED, SCRAPED, CACHED OR OTHERWISE USED, EXCEPT WITH THE PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION OF REACH MEDIA INC. About - Sprinkle with the tablespoon of sugar, and then drizzle with the honey. Baking1. The reason being is the filling of this tart plus the fresh blueberries will go bad without being refrigerated.