Click for More Reviews or To Buy: https://amzn.to/3lZKK4Q Click on the Like button for this video. The SOG SEAL Strike features a full tang construction that extends through the handle, terminating in a notched strike face on the butt. Reviewed in the United States on March 17, 2019. Compare Lowest Price, Color, Weight, Release Date, Brand and other characteristics. So I researched many great knife manufacturers but SOG stuck out. Knife is a tad overpriced for what it is, considering you can currently get a s35vn Cold Steel Recon 1 with a far superior blade for 20%-30% less on Amazon. This model, the SOG Seal Strike Deluxe is supplied with a sheath with built-in cord cutter, single-stage sharpener, firestarter, and larger attachment points. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Click for More Reviews or To Buy: https://amzn.to/3lZKK4Q Click on the Like button for this video. But maybe I am missing something. Why? Reviewed in the United States on September 7, 2019. SOG Seal Strike is $46.29 more expensive than the average tactical knife ($18.66). I bought a SOG Seal Pup about 9 years ago primarily for backpacking, and just bought the Seal Strike Tactical Knife for hiking in preparation for backpacking. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. It's in the top 3 bestselling tactical knives and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Kershaw 1660CBBW or Spyderco Dragonfly 2 . If you don't like them solely because of where they're made (Aus-8 is Aus-8), you have other issues. More of a utensil than a fighting weapon. SOG Seal Strike is a well-known option at the top of the price range. The slight arch in it makes it fit in your hand like nothing else they make. I bought my first SOG, a fixed blade, about 40 years ago to use for hunting big game (cutting, skinning, boning, etc. This page works best with JavaScript. They do hold an edge will after cutting and skinning meat. Spyderco G-10 is a popular option at the top of the price range. The 4 7/8″ blade of the SEAL Strike is made of Aus-8 steel. I would prefer a different type of handle, but I knew that going in and got this knife as it checked other boxes at this price point. Full tang design, small level serration that will hold up against abuse with a nice pound point on the handle butt. The sheath is nice but the para-cord cutter is worthless - as others have said easier to draw the knife and just use the blade. The diamond textured GRN handle is … SOG Fixed Blade Knives with Sheath - SEAL Strike Tactical Knife and Hunting Knife w/ 4.9 Inch Bowie Knife Blade and Combat...Ive been building a bugout backpack for the past week or so, and I knew I was missing a key item, a good, stout, American made knife. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. It's in the top 3 bestselling tactical knives and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Spyderco Tenacious Folding G-10 or Buck 0119BKS . I did need to add a "TACTICAL" Hair scrunchy to keep it in the correct place in my boot. Not bad, but should not be necessary. ), fishing, and backpacking. Spyderco G-10 is $35.93 more expensive than the average tactical knife ($18.66). ), hunting game birds (skinning, cutting, etc. I own 3 SOG's: SEAL Team Elite, SEAL Pup, and this SEAL Strike. Fantastic buy!!!! The only thing I think SOG should add or modify would be to add a removable tail cap that has a compass, and a few survival field items like fishing line and hooks and a diamond wire hand saw. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. SOG Seal Strike is a well-known option at the top of the price range. Reviewed in the United States on July 9, 2020. I'd say these AUS 8 blades are decent knives for mild use annually, but poor choices for EDC use. SOG knives have a high-tech image and are made with the purpose of being tactical, versatile, comfortable to carry, and ergonomic. I've loved the design of SOG knives for years, and the workmanship is incredible. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Nice kydex sheath but the belt attachment is not useful and not easily replaced! I had to run para-cord through the end and tie it around my leg. I have a SEAL Pup and another SOG fixed blade with the TiNi finish, and love them, but SOG hit a home run with the SOG SEAL Strike Fixed Blade. The AUS 8 blade is underwhelming. If they work well for a bit, it is a bonus. Camping or 'bush' knives are longer, thicker, and heavier. So I researched many great knife manufacturers but SOG stuck out.Why? Cutting objects side by side, the s35vn is several classes above the AUS 8. Reviewed in the United States on February 27, 2017. Note: I am not connected with SOG,the company, in any way except for being an owner and user of their knives. SUPERIOR BLADE STEEL - The 3.39" 8Cr13MoV stainless blade is coated in a non-reflective black coating and ground-flat from spine to cutting-edge for non-stop cutting. The SEAL Strike may be at home on the battlefield, but it has no problem accomplishing your daily tasks with ease. Also, this is by far my favorite SOG handle. SOG Seal Strike was released last year in November. Not many, if any, knife manufacturers have a slot that slides down to cut seat beats or rope or has a ferrous rod for starting fires built into it's sheath, but SOG DOES! The SOG SEAL Strike is the newest knife in the SEAL series. Otherwise it is not a factor in judging the blade itself. Plenty of reviews that go into detail on this knife so no need to re-hash them. ReviewFinder is reader-supported - if you click on a link on ReviewFinder and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no extra cost to you. It comes sharp from the box. I love the retention no fear of it falling out. With the snap in fit of the knife, when I went to draw the knife it just pulls the sheath too. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. If SOG is what our troops use then SOG is definitely great for a civilian. Not many, if any, knife manufacturers have a slot that slides down to cut seat beats or rope or has a ferrous rod for starting fires built into its sheath, but SOG DOES!I almost bought the Seal Pup, another great knife, but Im very pleased...https://amzn.to/3lZKK4Q - SOG Fixed Blade Knives with Sheath - SEAL Strike Tactical Knife and Hunting Knife w/ 4.9 Inch Bowie Knife Blade and Combat...Have you asked where are outdoor research products made-- Trusted Best Sellers --As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This website displays data from third party public sources. SOG has taken everything they’ve learned from real-world deployments, combat situations, and veteran feedback to produce a well-rounded combat knife. We don't know any tactical knives that are newer on the market. All Trademarks and Copyrights belong to their respective owners. Reviews from real customers who bought the product on Amazon, 4.9 INCH AUS-8 STAINLESS STEEL FULL TANG KNIFE BLADE: The SEAL Strike fixed blade knife is a field-tested combat knife, camping knife, boot knife and belt knife; measures 9.6 inches in total length, 5.6 OUNCES W/ GRN BLACK KNIFE HANDLE W/ STAINLESS STEEL: A tough outdoor knife handle for fixed blade survival knives with sheath; glass-reinforced nylon offers great grip and stainless steel reinforces, HARD-MOLDED SHEATH: A capable camping knife, rescue knife or skinning knife sheath; better than the typical Bowie knife with sheath, with more protection for a razor sharp knife, BLACK TITANIUM NITRIDE AND HARDENED BLADE: SOG’s cryogenic heat treatment hardens fixed blade knives at the atomic level for a blade far stronger than your average survival knife, SOG KNIVES FOR LIFE: Take care of your tactical knife and we’ll take care of you; SOG fixed blade knives with sheath are built to last; we consider all repair and replacement requests.