Nov 16, 2020 - Simple & delicious traditional southern soul food recipes. In the South, we pass down recipes like names and silver. Something primal about rolling up your sleeves and digging your hands into living earth. $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping. Fresh shrimp is a staple in the South ~ use our Tidewater Shrimp sauce to channel your inner Southerner and create a perfect supper for a crowd. Add chicken or shrimp to one of our soups and serve over Lavington Farms Charleston Gold rice for an easy meal that will feed your Southern soul. In the South, we take our grilling seriously. Start your own Southern tradition with our delicious stone-ground grits and Tidewater Shrimp Sauce & Marinade.

From fried chicken and all the fixings to a vegetarian buffet, we serve food the whole family will love. Use our Food for the Southern Soul dry rubs, marinades and finishing sauces to be your own backyard professional. Southern fried chicken, mac and cheese, peach cobbler, southern fried fish are just a few of our favors. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for and thank you for visiting our website. Soul food cooking is an example of how really good Southern cooks cooked with what they had available to them.” Soul food has its roots in the enslavement of African people when they had to make do with what was on hand. We learn about the unity of work and pleasure. We grow rice on our family farm and simmer freshly picked vegetables with herbs and spices to create our delicious soups. Need to feed a group of people in Charlotte, NC? Free Shipping all orders $75 or more. We smoke meats low and slow, grind corn, and turn sugar cane into magical umber syrup. From fried chicken and all the fixings to a vegetarian buffet, we serve food the whole family will love. Order soul food catering in Charlotte, NC today. My YouTube Channel. See more ideas about recipes, i heart recipes, food. These deep south dishes include favorites from Louisiana, BBQ, seafood, chicken, and many others. Check out our island twist on the southern foods you know and love. And it’s up to us to feed it. https://www.southernliving.com/dish/famous-southern-food-recipes Our catering options are ideal for: Copyright © 2020 Soul Central, all rights reserved. No matter. Our Farm & Field marinade is a proprietary blend of spices including rosemary, basil, garlic, molasses and soy sauce to flavor and tenderize everything from summer veggies to pork tenderloin, chicken or venison. Choose white, yellow or mixed variety and enjoy the small flecks of corn bran ~ they’re the sign you’re eating bonafide stone ground grits. We eat food grown and harvested from our own fertile fields. Serve with crusty bread, and lots of napkins. Order soul food catering in Charlotte, NC today. In his "Soul Food Cookbook" (1969), Bob Jeffries summed it up this way: “While all soul food is Southern food, not all Southern food is soul. Our handmade gourmet foods are a celebration of all we love about Charleston and the South Carolina Lowcountry. Find a Recipe: My Recipes. Because beyond family, community, land, and culture, there’s something even greater: Southern soul. Something about the delicious beauty of peeling shrimp on the dock–and Sunday morning grits. Soul Central offers the southern food catering services you need to provide food for your party hassle-free. Charleston Favorites Grits are made from select Southern corn and ground on an authentic millstone. Whether it's hot water cornbread, Jiffy mix, or spoonbread (a cornbread soufflé), cornbread is the staff of soul-food … If you want to take away the stress of cooking for a crowd of people, rely on Soul Central to prepare a southern feast for your guests. At home, we learn how to nurture. I keep it simple!! "...there's something even greater: Southern soul.". Soul-food cornbread is distinguished from southern cornbread by the fact that it always has some sugar in it. Use our Food for the Southern Soul dry rubs, marinades and finishing sauces to be your own backyard professional. Charleston Favorites Jerusalem Artichoke Relish. We learn patience. Charleston Favorites Grits are made from select Southern corn and ground on an authentic millstone. Some misguided souls believe this transforms soulful cornbread into cake. We cook, serve, and share with those we love. And we’ve come to understand that this way of life is one worth preserving –and celebrating with as many people as possible. Soul Central offers the southern food catering services you need to provide food for your party hassle-free. Choose white, yellow or mixed variety and enjoy the small flecks of corn bran ~ they’re the sign you’re eating bonafide stone ground grits. Check out our island twist on the southern foods you know and love. On the farm, we learn that there’s something deep and essential about food. Welcome to Soul Food Cooking Here is where I share my favorite recipes. Order Catering Online.

Something that speaks to the roots of things.