Take a picture and tag @pudgefactor or #pudgefactor. You can store any leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. I made this recipe without shells. Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar and cook for another 10-15 minutes until thickened.
very delicious and easy to make recipe - I used half the butter and had the same taste results as the full amount - lots of calories - so think before making this for a dinner of weight conscious girls though (as I did!). butter. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/creole-spiced-shrimp-395914

Served over rice with crusty I added a bit of Turmeric as well. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. . Simmer for about 30 minutes. YUMMY!!! (I know it's a completely different flavor direction, but we LOVE the Epicurious "Spicy Sichuan-Style Shrimp" recipe - it's a regular for us!). You’ve probably gathered that New Orleans is the influence behind the recipe I’m sharing today. Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter; stir until melted.

Hi Melissa! Add garlic and season with salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle pepper and cayenne and cook until fragrant, another minute or two. Have had it at Mr. B's in New Orleans and made it several times at home. This was good but next time I would cut down on the cayenne pepper. peeled and deveined the shrimp but left the Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I too peeled the shrimp before cooking but left the tails on. If made the day before, reheat but do not boil. Copyright © 2020 The Southern Lady Cooks | All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy, This post may contain affiliate links. Front Porch Life Magazine -Premium Content. My family loved this !!

One 16-ounce can chopped tomatoes with liquid. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Followed reviewers' suggestions to add only about half of the butter, to increase the cayenne, and to use peeled shrimp, but the flavor just wasn't very exciting, and it was still way too rich/oily. I love to experience different cultures and cuisines and learn about the history behind these things. Mix sugar, flour, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper into the Dutch oven. Being from Mississippi, this is a city I’ve had the pleasure of visiting several times. I've made it on numerous occasions when entertaining and it's always a hit. It is much better made the day before. This is a classic Louisiana inspired dish featuring tender shrimp, a delicious tomato based sauce with lots of chopped veggies and the perfect amount of spice! Is there something spooky going on in your house? Add chicken broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil.

I made this for friends this past weekend, they loved it, with plans to make it again for more friends coming this weekend. delicious! 240 calories; protein 26.3g 53% DV; carbohydrates 17.5g 6% DV; fat 7.6g 12% DV; cholesterol 172.5mg 58% DV; sodium 940.3mg 38% DV.

Preparation.

Pour it over a bed of freshly made white rice and some hot buttered cornbread and you have yourself a meal made in cajun heaven! without changing a This shrimp creole is delicious and your family will love this recipe. Click here for our full list of newsletters. Add Worcestershre sauce, lemon juice and garlic; sauté until garlic is tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve Shrimp Creole over cooked and buttered white rice.

Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I paired this with a caesar salad, and enjoyed the echo of lemon and worcestershire between the dressing and the shrimp sauce. Traditionally, shrimp creole is served with cooked white rice. served with polenta which was decent. The sauce is delicious, as promised. Follow the Combine first 8 ingredients in large bowl. Saute until soft (20 to 30 minutes). We really liked this recipe! then incorporate the additional Please also opt me in for Exclusive Offers from Beliefnet’s Partners. Just make sure to have plenty of napkins on hand. Really tasty creole recipe. Can't wait to try this again to serve to friends and family! The only challenge is the spice level. I could swim in this sauce! I am going to try it again without shells. Let angels be your guide with help from this inspiring and thought-provoking newsletter. Simmer very slowly for 1 hour, covered, stirring occasionally. Perfect after a day of gardening and errands; easy peasy and satisfying and goooood......oh, served with artisan sourdough baguette. We are reader supported and when you buy from a link on our site we earn a small commision at no additional cost to you. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Scoop out the bay leaf halves before serving. To freeze Shrimp Creole, allow it to cool to room temperature then transfer to a large freezer bag. Made as directed except added about 1/4 Stella (which I was drinking at the moment). step.

He loves spicy food so I doubled the Cayenne pepper and used Habenero Pepper sauce....and tons of it. Saute celery, onions, and garlic in the Dutch oven until the onions are pearly white and the celery has begun to soften. cajun cuisine, creole cuisine, shrimp creole, southern food, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), ☝ Let’s talk holiday beverages for a momen, While I am in full holiday recipe testing mode rig, Sunday morning plans: relaxation, coffee and, ☝ No holiday in the south - especially Thank, I love celebrating the holidays with traditional r, Whether you’re baking up homemade desserts this, Leading up to the holidays and all the indulg, Thanksgiving is one week away - who’s ready, ☀️ If your holiday mornings look anything like, I hope you guys are having a fabulous start to the.

Not to mention that this recipe is actually rather heathly.

the butter for olive oil. I pretty much followed the recipe without any substitutions with the exception of using extra hot Rotel instead of crushed tomatoes. And wonderfully spicy!❤️. If you like really flavorful and spicy but not overly hot food, you really should try this shrimp creole style. It doesn't Absolutely delicious. And I love my butter.

bread and corn on the cob. Remove bay leaves. Get these activities in before the sun sets on summer! Add crushed tomatoes, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 12-15 minutes. I used one 8 oz can of tomato paste, 1 14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes and one 14.5 oz can of rotel. I make many dishes for my friends, but the men demand this one time after time.
Might want to consider adjusting the amount of lemon juice depening on your tastes! It’s not laden with butter and it’s on the table in 30 minutes. Tomatoes are also a star player in this delicious Creole inspired dish and come together with the other ingredients to create an explosion of heavenly flavors.