In this case, the carrot slices and peas. Fry the garlic and shallots till fragrant. Continue to cook until the pork starts to shrink and the oil is rendered from the meat. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Heat oil till smoky.2. Here are my easy, everyday, Asian recipes and quick, sweet bakes anyone can create. Heat oil in a pot. Add cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves and garlic and stir fry till fragrant. The shiitake mushrooms and their juices add a rich, earthy and savoury flavour to the braising sauce, whilst the braised potatoes soak up all that umami goodness! Add salt, cooking wine, light soy sauce, water (or chicken stock) and white pepper. Sign up to receive email updates and grab a FREE copy of my STIR-FRY SAUCES printable cheat sheet to keep on your fridge! Make the dough first, add about 480 to 500g of all-purpose flour with 300ml of water. Grasp the pork slice for 2-3 minutes until all the juice is well absorbed. Don't miss our delicious recipes and updates in your inbox! Blanch the sliced pork in boiling water for 1 minute then drain and set aside. This is if you use pork belly or very tender cuts of pork marbled with generous streaks of fat. Log in, Quick and easy pork slice stir-fried with black bean sauce. Put the potato on a chopping board, flat side down. Blend the shallots and garlic in a food processor to a fine paste. This recipe is great! The preparation of this dish is simple, but it has to cook low and slow for the flavors to properly develop. Posted on July 12, 2020 Categories Asian, Chinese, Malaysian, Pork, Home » Soy Sauce Braised Pork Belly (Tau Eu Bak). Return everything to skillet and simmer until heated through. Not only are these bars good for you, they also taste great! Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and fry the garlic until light golden (1-2 minutes). It's made from scratch using raw ingredients, such as Medjool dates, cashew, almond, cocoa, and coconut. Just pick a sauce and match it with what ingredients you already have! Add the mushrooms (without the soaking water) and stir-fry for 1 minute. Have a great weekend. So, do give this recipe a try and enjoy! Stir fry for another 30 seconds. like Icook4fun my mother does a similar dish during chinese new year where she'll throw in all the leftover meats to casserole. Set aside for 10 minutes. Do give it a go, and I hope you’ll find what an easy make-ahead meal it can be! MAKE IT YOURSELF AT HOME! Click here for the dumpling wrappers video. Thinly slice the pork. Place fresh pepper sections in to fry for 1 minute or until slightly softened. So, if you are into raw energy bars, then you may want to try this recipe. Add the salted soy beans or soy bean paste, and stir-fry for 30 seconds. This dish freezes well too. View my, Pearl River Bridge Superior Light Soy Sauce, Pearl River Bridge Superior Dark Soy Sauce, Soy Sauce Braised Pork Belly (Tau Eu Bak), 1 lb pork belly, cut into 1-inch pieces (skin optional). I take the mystery out of Asian cooking so that you can make your favorite takeout dishes at home! It’s the best for sauce braised dishes like this one. Please do not use only images without prior permission. No more staring at your fridge wondering what to make for dinner. Add in pork belly and fry for 2 minutes till it turn brown4. Copyright © 2020 Wok & Skillet | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Fry the pork in a large pot over medium-high heat. 2. So, it took me about two hours to come up with the perfect recipes, and I'm glad I did! Preparation:1. Add a little oil to grease the blades, if necessary. When the outsides of the pork is cooked, add the garlic cloves and the soy sauce broth. While waiting for the pork to marinade, prepare the soy sauce broth by mixing 1 1/2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 2 teaspoons of Dark Soy Sauce and 2 tablespoons of Light Soy Sauce. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Stir fry the spring onions until aromatic. Pour in the sake, mirin, light soy sauce and lemon juice. You will be amazed with the end result. Stir fry for another 5 minutes. 照烧芦笋猪肉卷 Teriyaki Pork roll with asparagus by Rontree Chan, Gai Yang ไก่ย่าง Thai Grilled Chicken Steak by Anna Tan, Honey Soy Chicken Wings by Michelle Koh Pei Voon, Happycall “clay pot” Chicken Rice by TAGlicious, Stew Chicken with Bitter Gourd by Stephy Tam, Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Katsu Burger by Wynnie Tan, Caramelized Pork Belly by Fun at Sassy’s kitchen, Nonya Dumplings by Angela Seah Thulin (Fun at Sassy’s Kitchen), Steamed Spare Ribs w/Black Bean Paste 豆豉蒸排骨 at Fun at Sassy’s Kitchen (Angela Seah Thulin), Pork Belly with Feng He Gan Xiang Paste by Diong Mama, Pig Trotter & Ginger Vinegar stew by TAGlicious, Bak Kwa (Chinese Barbecued Pork Jerky) & Feng He Garden Sauces, Stir-Fried Udon Noodles by Angela Seah Thulin (Fun at Sassy’s Kitchen), Claypot Seafood Stew by Jeffrey Yeo Feng He Garden Dark Soy Sauce, Fried Tom Yam Prawn Bee Hoon by Colleen Teo, Salted Egg Linguine with Shrimps by TAGlicious, Baked Tiger Prawns with Feng He Garden Salted Egg Sauce by Anna Tan, Gan Xiang Baby Lettuces with Prawns by Helga Soo, Feng He Garden Fried Rice – Recipe adapted from Helga Soo, Black Bean Sauce Stir Fry Thai Vermicelli 鼓汁炒泰国冬粉 (for 2 pax) by Helga Soo, Tomatoes Baked Rice with Salted Egg Yolk by Jasmine Liao, Mini King Oyster Mushroom with Basil by Ah Gim, Soy Garlic Vinegar Cucumber Salad by Angeline Goh. Bake the. Every Chinese family has their favourite braised pork recipes, and this is one of ours! For a more intense and bold flavour, allow the sauce to reduce until slightly thickened, but not thick or dry. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. Cut 1 pound of pork belly into 1-inch pieces. My inspiration were my memories of how my parents cooked this dish when I was growing up. Knead the dough and let it rest. Fry the pork along with the marinade liquid in a large pot over medium-high heat. Be quick in this process and it is better to finish this within 30 seconds.