261 calories; protein 3.2g 6% DV; carbohydrates 36.3g 12% DV; fat 11g 17% DV; cholesterol 27.4mg 9% DV; sodium 241.8mg 10% DV. Add Cool Whip and fold together until blended. With a spoon, mix 2 cups whipped cream with strawberry jello mixture. Congrats! I also sweeten the whipped topping to taste, as a cup of sugar seem like too much for my family's taste. Home Recipes Dishes & Beverages Cakes Angel Food Cakes. Loved this recipe! Chill until serving. This really is a great recipe. Fresh blueberries layered on the top for a little something extra and served in a trifle bowl for a beautiful presentation! Add strawberries. If you take this dessert to a potluck, don't expect any leftovers! You saved Strawberry Angel Food Dessert to your. Storebought glaze is a great timesaver, but I make my own when I have time. 1 tablespoon cornstarch. 1 envelope non-dairy topping mix (dry) I fold about 2/3 of them into the glaze and use the remainder to garnish the top. Most often, I use a 3 oz. Spread over cream cheese layer. We will definitely be having this again! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I will definitely make this again and again. Text Ingredients. I will make this again with my own glaze. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Spread each cake layer with topping and 1 cup fruit (well drained, if frozen). Please note, the quart of strawberries used for the glaze is separate from the quart used for the topping. It really needed to be lightened up. Prepare angel food cake mix according to package directions. 1 (12-ounce) package frozen strawberries Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. It will look better when served. … A cake-mix easy, delight of a strawberry torte. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. My husband and father-in-law didn't like the sour cream in the frosting, but everyone else loved it. Readers of the "Cooking with Millie" newspaper food column I've written for many years share their best recipes, like this tasty dessert from Cheryl Rife. The Recipe won FIRST PLACE! Fold in whipped topping. 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened, 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed. My favorite thing about this recipe is that it is so versatile. I’ve made this with angel food cake, with pound cake, and with yellow cake. April Ellsworth. Pour partially set Jello mixture … I was looking for something easy but tasty. Spread the topping mixture between the 3 layers. Spread a third of the filling between each layer; spread remaining filling over top. It's a perfect ending to a spring meal. I STRONGLY recommend you make your own glaze which is simple. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and pureed strawberries; fold in bananas and sliced strawberries. Angel food pieces are topped with sweetened cream cheese, whipped topping and strawberries in glaze in this chilled, layered dessert. Mash the cake down with your hands and spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake. Added 1 tsp of vanilla to the cream cheese/whipped topping. If you were to add chocolate it would be like eating a banana split. Instead of strawberries and glaze, I used 2C fresh rasp-berries and 8 oz seedless raspberry jam thinned with 2TBSP Yukon Jack (orange flavored)liquor and 4 TBSP water. Info. If desired, tint the topping pink with a few drops of food coloring. I made this once for an office potluck, and now am asked to bring it every time (sigh…). I only used one 8-oz package of cream cheese the first time around because I only had one on hand. Slice into thirds across the cake horizontally. Place angel food cake pieces in 9 x 13 inch pan. It turned out fine, so I've never added more than 8 oz of cream cheese. Angel Food Strawberry Torte. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Slice into thirds across the cake horizontally. I was so excited to try this for a get-together I was having. I used this recipe with a few variations. Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers using a serrated knife; place bottom layer, cut side up, on a … 1 (16 oz.) Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. If I was short on time I wouldn't use the store glaze...I would use no glaze at all.