Plant based protein powder gives it a boost of protein. Any of these ingredients will provide extra healthy fats, which are important when you are trying to lose weight. back to Boo! I LOVE adding oatmeal to my smoothie recipes, it helps fill me up! It’s still really great though! Reserve HALF of one banana and set aside for plating. Top with toasted almonds and sliced banana. I personally like to use collagen powder. Thank you for the reminder about Almond milk in smoothies. ★☆. Congrats on being a Blue Diamond Tastemaker!!! It can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or snack. Its amazing smoothie! Thanks so much, Cindy, Pingback: 10 High Protein Breakfasts For Kids - The Incremental Mama. If you want a creamier oatmeal breakfast smoothie, add cashew milk, almond milk, or yogurt instead of coconut milk. I know. Hi Cheryl, they definitely do not cancel each other out. Mrs. Shecky. In fact, the fruit sweetens it up just fine. NUTRITION: Calories: 240; Fat: 3g; Carb: 45g; Fiber: 7g; Net Carb: 38g; Protein: 12gNutrition information calculated using My Fitness Pal and is an estimate. Who has ever said, “That smoothie is too creamy?” No one. Divide the smoothie between four bowls. Sounds like the perfect 7am breakfast to get me going! This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Blend the soaked oats with ½ cup of coconut milk for 3 minutes, Add all extra ingredients in the blender and continue blending until smooth (usually 1 minute). The oats and optional protein powder make it satisfying and full of nutrition. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. I’m on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube! But I never soaked oats. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. There is something so refreshing about a simple strawberry and banana smoothie. *Don’t be afraid to add more milk if you think it is too thick. The riper the banana is, the sweeter smoothie will be. Yeah, that too. The only downfall is that I haven’t been able to find it at any of the stores around my house! Required fields are marked *. Thank you, Alice. Please check out mine and let’s connect? Can you freeze it in two separate containers, one for now and one for later? This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click through and make a purchase, I’ll … Add the milk, banana, strawberries, and honey, and blend until smooth … However, if I utilize the Lactaid super power, I’m usually okay with milk. Place on a plate in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. None. I love your food blog! https://www.cookingclassy.com/strawberry-banana-oat-smoothie No lactose. .st0 { I will have to pick up a container. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. What’s for breakfast? and incredible tips when you subscribe to the I love the Vanilla version, so good. Pick out a recipe and let's get cooking! Make it vegan by using regular Blue Diamond Almond Milk. Peel and slice the remaining bananas. Top with toasted almonds and sliced banana. Thanks, that’s better! * Anyway…. It’s great, Mary Frances. It’s absolutely scrumptious! Pour into 1 large glass for 1 serving, or 2 smaller glasses for 2 servings. All of them are healthy, simple and kids approved. Hi. This looks so delicious and refreshing! Subscribe. I’m trying to figure out if adding both protein powder an collagen powder is ok or if the protein powder cancels out the benefits of the collagen powder. Oh, did I mention it’s also kid-approved? It tastes like a peanut butter milkshake. I like to drink it in the morning, instead of breakfast. You won’t believe how easy it is to make this smoothie. Let me know in the comments! Blend for a few seconds. In a blender, combine frozen bananas, dates, almond butter, vanilla extract, only ½ cup of yogurt, and only 1 cup of Naked Strawberry Banana Smoothie. The oats and optional protein powder make it satisfying and full of nutrition. We are participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I am totally obsessed with the Touch of Honey Almond Breeze, so I am ALL over this blendy goodness! You won’t be cooking in your kitchen all morning to have the “healthiest” breakfast you can. My stomach is small. Collagen is a nice source of protein, but it’s not a complete protein. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Hi there! I average about 1  with the glass I use. Enable on Amazon Alexa or Google Home and search for recipes by ingredient, seasons, what's new or popular, or whatever you're looking for. The oatmeal is great because it makes a smoothie so much thicker and richer and it’s absolutely filling, too! www.forksnknives.com/2015/10/strawberry-banana-oatmeal-smoothie.html Blend for a few seconds. What kind of smoothies? Filled with oats, strawberries and banana this is a rich satisfying smoothie to take on the day with. I know. I added some oats and fixins to jazz it up a little while still keeping that simple and easy smoothie you’ve loved your whole life. Since I can’t stand yogurt this smoothie looks like a good option for me and my first smoothie ever. Reserve HALF of one banana and set aside for plating. The touch of honey almond milk is my new fav and now I am on a mission to find it in my grocery store – it wasn’t on the shelves when I checked today. I’m a “breakfast any time of the day” kind of girl. I just discovered the idea of oatmeal in a smoothie. This recipe is: dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly depending on … I love the oatmeal!!!! must try this one soon!!! I love it, Jocelyn – banana’s amazing. This is a quick and easy Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie recipe that can easily serve as a meal replacement. Read more. It’s a classic that you can’t go wrong with. and vegan-friendly depending on what type of protein powder you use. Strawberry, Banana & Oat Smoothie. First, milk is my stomach’s arch nemesis. Perfect for breakfast or afternoon snack! Because smoothies are all the rage in my house right now. Change is groovy, eh? Smoothies for lunch? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Vega brand is my fav. @https://www.instagram.com/happyhealthymama/, Thanksgiving Dinner Ideas for a Small Crowd, Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats (Vegan + Gluten Free). Your email address will not be published. This post was sponsored and compensated for by Blue Diamond Almonds. If you have high cholesterol, consider adding a half of an avocado instead of coconut oil. ★☆ Soak oats in hot water for 20 minutes. The smoothies that I bring into this world rarely contain dairy. Yes, absolutely! The great thing about this smoothie is that it has healthy carbohydrates and fats that will work together to keep your energy levels steady. I have a hard time eating 3/4 of a can of wonton soup. Quaker® and Chef'd have teamed up to deliver everything you need for amazing overnight oats straight to your door. It’s made with frozen strawberries and bananas. Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Protein Smoothie. SMOOTHIES. love it!!! Serve immediately! So, it’s really up to you, but you can definitely use both.