Use breasts if you want, but I would cut them in half (if large) so they’ll fit on a bun. That spicy version sounds delicious! It’s grilled and stuffed with all the classic “Hawaiian” elements of pineapple, ham and cheese and there’s a sticky sweet teriyaki glaze on top. I love bonfires. No counting, no reading books, no following meal plans. It made a mess, but was worth every minute of clean-up! How much trimming and gross factor is involved? Next time I’ll make 3 lbs to ensure some left overs ;-). Cut the pineapple into quarters from top to bottom and then cut out the core of each piece. When you’re ready to grill, heat the grill to a medium-high temperature and cook the chicken breasts until they’re almost fully cooked but still a bit pink in the center. And so easy!! Copyright © 2010–2020 Back to Her Roots, LLC. This easy Turkey ... Stay in the loop – get recipes sent straight to your email as they are added. Slice the quarters into about 4 spears each. Simmer for 5-10 minutes (the longer it simmers the more reduced and slightly thickened it will be). My sweet empty-nester friend Dee and her husband Wilson, who knew Brian when he was a wee lad himself and they all lived in the Dallas, Texas area, were {very} brave and invited our whole family over for dinner a while ago. I’m right with you on the chicken thighs, rarely use them unless they are part of a whole chicken. I’ve made this 5 times and I might as well leave a review – It is AMAZING!! You want to let the chicken breasts rest a few minutes before butterflying them to stuff so that all the juices don’t seep out. You just have to know people who want to split a 30 lb. *This post is sponsored by Jarlsberg. Meanwhile, once the grill is hot, place the chicken on the grill. I used black forest deli ham, fresh pineapple slices and one of my favorite cheeses, smoked Jarlsberg. Awesome, thanks for the quick response! It was crazy good. We all vote if it gets a sleeve in the golden cookbook or is voted off, this was a unanimous YES!!! You can even save the extra for leftovers, if there are any. I threw everything in the Instant Pot (including non- marinated frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs) because that was the kind of day we had. Simmer over low/medium heat. Here i’m using the sugar in the pineapple juice as well as some tasty brown sugar. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. She's a home cook and wellness junkie with a love of all things healthy living. Delicious salmon done in about 10 minutes? Love this recipe! I also brush on a little more of the teriyaki sauce to create a glaze. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This form collects information we will use to send you updates about promotions, special offers, and news. Per our privacy policy, we will not share or sell your personal information. Sriracha Lime Chicken Skillet. I have this marinating in the fridge but forgot to set half the marinade aside. :o). Usually after making a recipe that often, I’m kind of done. Do you think this is a good candidate for freezing? Thanks! I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens! The trick with the pineapple slices is not making them too thick so they fit inside the chicken breast easily. We love this sweet and savory chicken marinade for grilled chicken breast. *Make sure you are basting the cooked chicken (only baste when you've flipped them) as if you're basting raw chicken, then basting the pineapple, you could risk contamination. Whisk to combine. Place the spears of pineapple into a 2nd gallon ziploc bag with the ¼ cup brown sugar. I’m actually making it again for dinner tonight. Remove from grill, place on a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes. I make it in my instant pot because we don’t have a grill, and it turns out AMAZING. This was an easy and delicious recipe. Scoop out about 1 cup of the marinade and set aside. Thanks for the direction on your pellet grill. skinless chicken thighs, or small bun sized boneless skinless chicken breasts, (20-ounce) can pineapple slices in 100% pineapple juice, drained with juice reserved for sauce. Pour half the sauce into a jar or bowl for serving with the sandwiches. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Refrigerate until ready to grill. I’m not a big fan of teriyaki, and this was just different enough and I loved it! Wholefully is a registered trademark of Back to Her Roots, LLC Preheat gas grill on high for ten minutes. Great recipe! Season your raw chicken breasts with salt & pepper and set aside. P.S. Lori- I made this last night for dinner and my husband declared it to be the best teriyaki chicken (he refuses to dub it Hawaiin) EVER! I’ll let you know how turns out. Liquid Measuring Cup It’s worth it. I live in Idaho with my husband, 5 kids, and selection of weird farm animals. Oh my goodness, this was unbelievable. I like to use turkey tenders just for a little different somethin’ somethin’. 6 servings Tear up some fresh cilantro leaves and scatter over the chicken and pineapple. Perfect! The chicken is marinated in a flavorful soy and pineapple juice sauce, and can be grilled or pan-fried. This looks delicious!!! If you google Hawaiian chicken you might find some recipes with peppers and rice. Refrigerate the remaining marinade until the chicken is ready to be grilled. Mix until combined. Wholefully is a proud member of the Meijer Ambassador program. Always looking for new chicken recipes – my family would love this! When marinating time is up, preheat a grill to medium-high heat. I'm Mel! I seriously love making my own rubs and spice mixtures for the grill and this fresh pineapple and melted smoked Jarlsberg cheese with a sticky sweet teriyaki glaze Sugar, like salt, is a flavor enhancer. Jarlsberg melts beautifully while still holding its shape (which you can literally see in these pictures! All opinions are entirely my own. I love creating quick, easy, gluten-free, low sugar & higher protein recipes. I assume I could cook the chicken on a skillet rather than a grill? What’s the best way to make it in the oven? Recipe Source: introduced to me by my friend Dee N. (she got it from FavFamilyRecipes and I adapted it from there!). I used fresh pineapple in this recipe because the idea of having leftover fresh pineapple sounded good to me in the middle of summer!