Do you love classic, homey, comforting food, but with a modern, real food update? Or look for avocado oil, which is a healthier oil with the highest smoke point of them all! Click photo to get to my Spicy Pork Udon Stir Fry recipe! This is a great compendium of sauces and I'm looking forward to trying them all. No udon noodles in the pantry so used rice noodles. Enjoy! I typically cook it to almost done, then remove it to a plate while I cook the vegetables. Tag me with #TASTYTHAIEATS – I love to see your ideas! Keep a little extra water on hand for swishing out the sauce and thinning the stir fry sauce if necessary. Thanks for reading and being interested in Thai food. I publish my authentic Thai Food Recipes here for all to enjoy around the world. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. cold water 2 tsp. Add cornstarch and massage a bit more. sesame oil Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Beef stir fry sauce 3: 1 Tbsp soy sauce 1 Tbsp dry sherry 2 tsp sesame oil 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Beef stir fry sauce 4: 1/3 cup soy sauce 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Beef stir fry sauce 5: 2/3 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup mirin 1 Tbsp toasted or regular sesame oil 2-3 Tbsp brown sugar 1-2 Tbsp sambal oelek Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Suggested Aromatics: fresh minced garlic, fresh minced ginger Suggested Garnish: fresh green onion, chopped, sesame seeds Suggested Protein: beef, Thai Style Stir Fry Sauce 1 (Peanut): 2 Tbsp peanut butter 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar 2 Tbsp soy sauce 1 Tbsp brown sugar, Thai Style Stir Fry Sauce 2: 4 Tbsp soy sauce 2 Tbsp oyster sauce 2 tsp white vinegar 2 tsp sugar, white or brown 2 Tbsp water Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Thai Style Stir Fry Sauce 3: 1/4 cup fresh lime juice 1/4 cup fish sauce 2 Tbsp soy sauce 2 Tbsp brown sugar Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Suggested Aromatics: fresh minced garlic, fresh minced ginger, red pepper flakes Suggested Additions: Sliced or diced thai red chili peppers Suggested Garnish: fresh green onion, chopped, sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, chopped cilantro, chopped Thai basil Suggested Protein: chicken, pork, beef, noodles, Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce 1: 1/4 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup mirin sweet rice wine 1/4 cup brown sugar 2 Tbsp sake Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Teriyaki stir fry sauce 2: 1/4 cup soy sauce 2 Tbsp ketchup 1 Tbsp white vinegar Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Teriyaki stir fry sauce 3: 1/4 cup soy sauce 1/2 cup water 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 Tbsp honey 1 tsp toasted or regular sesame oil Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Teriyaki stir fry sauce 4: 1/3 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup brown sugar packed 2 Tbsp honey Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Teriyaki stir fry sauce 5: 1/2 cup soy sauce 1/3 cup chicken stock 1/4 cup pineapple juice 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Suggested Aromatics: fresh minced garlic, fresh minced ginger Suggested Garnish: fresh green onion, chopped, sesame seeds Suggested Protein: chicken, shrimp, salmon, pork, beef, noodles, Szechuan Stir Fry Sauce 1: 2 Tbsp dry sherry 1/2 cup chicken broth 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce 1 Tbsp asian chili garlic sauce 1 tsp sugar Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Szechuan Stir Fry Sauce 2: 2 tsp sesame oil 1/2 cup chicken broth 2 Tbsp soy sauce 1 Tbsp rice vinegar 2 tsp sambal oelek Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Suggested Aromatics: minced fresh garlic, minced fresh ginger, red pepper flakes Suggested Garnish: fresh green onion, chopped, sesame seeds Suggested Protein: chicken, beef, pork, noodles, tofu, Lemon Stir Fry Sauce 1: 1/2 cup chicken broth 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice Zest of 1 lemon 2 Tbsp soy sauce 1 Tbsp white or brown sugar Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Lemon Stir Fry Sauce 2: 2/3 cup chicken broth 1 Tbsp sugar 1 Tbsp soy sauce 2 -3 Tbsp lemon juice Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Suggested Aromatics: minced fresh ginger, minced fresh ginger, Suggested Garnish: fresh green onion, chopped Suggested Protein: chicken, salmon, shrimp, Orange Stir Fry Sauce 1: 1/2 cup orange juice 3 Tbsp soy sauce 1 Tbsp grated orange zest 1/2 cup chicken broth Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Orange Stir Fry Sauce 2: 1/2 cup water or chicken broth Zest from 1/2 orange 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice 4 Tbsp soy sauce 2 tsp sesame oil 2 Tbsp honey or brown sugar Sauce Thickening Mixture (see head notes), Suggested Aromatics: minced fresh garlic, minced fresh ginger, red pepper flakes Suggested Garnish: fresh green onion, chopped Suggested Protein: chicken, salmon, shrimp. I hope to share a bit of what I've learned, as well as my favourite recipes. (*I prefer the water method). or about 230ml. Elsa wasn’t watching anyway and so was happy to keep playing! Just serve with plain rice or coconut rice, and ENJOY this delicious and aromatic dish! By using this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policy. It is children friendly so the whole family can enjoy. Stir Fry the Dish. Add 2 tablespoons oil and swirl around, then add the shallots, garlic, galangal, and chili. Thanks Iva, as for the corn starch, while it is not healthy, it is not un-healthy either. Thai Recipes: Indulge in a World of Taste! If you’ve ever had a cheap stir fried beef takeaway you’ll probably remember a rather chewy experience with soft and meh vegetables. Heat a frying pan with olive oil then add beef, stir until the beef 90% cooked. I just tried the Thai1 with peanut butter and it is amazing!! In most cases, your wok should be heated over no less than medium-high heat, so things cook quickly. What a wonderful post Jennifer. Thank you--this is just the thing I was looking for. I can't wait to try some of the others:-) I quite often do a stir fry because it is healthy and uses up the veggies and/or left over meat. Chop the green part of the spring/green onions into 1-2 inch sections so you have some color in the dish and something to bite into. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, then add the carrot, mushrooms, optional cauliflower, and 1/4 of the stir-fry sauce. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The number indicates the number of different recipes included in each category. Copyright © 2020 Seasons and SuppersAs an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Stir-fried with plenty of fresh shiitake mushrooms, this savory chicken dish will satisfy even the biggest of appetites. Most vegetable stir-fries are a tad on the boring side, but not this one! Be sure to add the velveted and pre-cooked meat near the end of your stir fry, just long enough to warm it, so it doesn't over-cook. I've learned a lot from getting dinner on the table all these years! The only difference is how they've chosen to label it. Thanks Catherine :) I find this list super handy for my dinners on the fly! Making a "simple stir fry" isn't all that simple. This recipe makes more sauce than you'll need, so you can keep extra in your refrigerator for a fast and easy stir fry anytime. Similarly, with the mushrooms, halve them unless they are quite large in which case you might want to quarter them. If you've enjoyed Thai basil chicken stir-fry at your local Thai/Asian restaurants and eateries, try this wonderful homemade recipe! These cookies do not store any personal information. If you're a fan of authentic Thai street food, you must try this wonderful Thai basil Pork Stir Fry.