jakej If you aren’t a member of The Session yet, you can sign up now. cry'd, "Oh Mother I'm quite undone, var sc_remove_link=1. without a Saddle upon a scurvy Mare, |  What's New  |  var sc_project=2398757; Fro The Legacy Of The Scottish Fiddle, Vol. Contact Us, The Miller's Daughter riding to the Fair, look here and you may learn.". Annie Annie bring your white sheep home. The Miller’s Daughter appears in 1 other tune collection. The Miller's Daughter has been added to 2 tunebooks. "Away you filly Daughter, tis ev'ry she's concern, Lively young girl. Performer: Ken Griffin Writer: Bard; Griffin Instrumental; Organ. Millers Daughter. Technical Notes: Static and popping present; Stylus 4 skipped. Digitized at 78 revolutions per minute. Matrix number: Rondo-187-ACatalog number: R-287B, Other IDs from the record include: (187-A), Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist, Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song, Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists. Cat. These were recorded flat and then also equalized with Turnover: 400.0, Rolloff: -12.0. They are 3.5mil truncated eliptical, 2.3mil truncated conical, 2.8mil truncated conical. I Gave Her Cakes and I Gave Her Ale  |  Taking His Beer With Old Anacharsis  |  Fye Nay Prithee John  |  Cold and Raw  |  The Miller's Daughter  |  Will Said To His Mammy  |  The Old Fumbler  |  Walking In A Meadowe Greene  |  Celia Learning On The Spinnet  |  Tom The Taylor  |  My Lady's Coachman John  |  The Irish Jigg  |  Come Sirrah Jacke Hoe  |  Dainty Fine Aniseed Water  |  Most Men Do Love The Spanish Wine  |  My Lady and Her Maid  |  As Roger Last Night  |  Pox On You  |  The Women Makes Us Love  |  Sir Walter  |  My Thing Is My Own  |  Here Dwells A Pretty Maid  |  My Man John  |  When First Amyntas Su'd For A Kiss  |  More Palatino  |  Poor Owen  |  Where They Drank  |  Come, Let Us Drink  Lyrics Annie, Annie was the miller’s daughter, Far she wandered by the singing water. Home  |  Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014). If you are a member of The Session, log in to add a comment. Be the first one to, 78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b, Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, _78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b_01_3.5_ET_EQ.flac, _78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b_01_3.5_ET_flat.flac, _78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b_02_2.3_CT_EQ.flac, _78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b_02_2.3_CT_flat.flac, _78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b_03_2.8_CT_EQ.flac, _78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b_03_2.8_CT_flat.flac, _78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b_01_3.5_ET_EQ.mp3, _78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b_01_3.5_ET_flat.mp3, _78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b_02_2.3_CT_EQ.mp3, _78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b_02_2.3_CT_flat.mp3, _78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b_03_2.8_CT_EQ.mp3, _78_the-millers-daughter_ken-griffin-bard-griffin_gbia0119857b_03_2.8_CT_flat.mp3. 2. Who Wrote it? Consider upgrading to a modern browser for an improved experience. Idle, idle, Annie went a-maying Uphill, downhill went her flock a-straying. Your browser may not be compatible with all the features on this site. Find Millers Daughter song information on AllMusic. # Posted by Nigel Gatherer one year ago. #0166 (MFH #424) - As sung by Mr. Fred Smith, Bentonville, Arkansas on June 23, 1958. See what's new with book lending at the Internet Archive. Whatever, finding an originator for a tune such as this might be a fruitless task. Hear them hear them calling as they roam. Beginning of dialog window. on July 28, 2019, There are no reviews yet. Use. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for The Miller's Daughter - The Drones on AllMusic - 2006 Rode. Performer: Ken GriffinWriter: Bard; Griffin. Tenor Nicholas Phan, praised by the Boston Globe as “one of the world’s most remarkable singers,” returns to Mercury in the premiere of an original staged setting of Schubert’s expressive song cycle Die schöne Müllerin.Experience this masterwork as never before, with a new orchestration by Antoine Plante and stage direction by Denis Plante. The music is like an uncut adamant but it is capable to scratch any steel. (repeat) See also songs from the Czech Republic songs about sheep minor / modal songs … Annie the Miller’s Daughter Read More » Then taking her aside, she made the matter plain. tis ev'ry she's concern,          Lively young girl. There was a miller lived by th sea shore Bow down, bow down There was a miller lived by th sea shore Bow and bend to me-o There was a miller lived by th sea shore And he had daughters three 'er four And I'll be true to my love If my love'll be true to me VERSE 2 Th oldest girl she had a beau Bow down, bow down The oldest girl she had a beau The Miller’s Daughter is a furious album. and if you won't believe me, look here and you may learn." "The Miller’s Daughter" is possibly a development of an older tune, "I Fee’d a Lad at Michaelmas". However, it has echoes of other well-known tunes in addition to ALS, including "Comin’ Thro’ the Rye", The Duke of Buccleugh’s Tune", "I’ve Been Courting At a Lass" and so on. The Drones The Miller's Daughter Lyrics. Three stylii were used to transfer this record. var sc_partition=22; A lot of these tunes are very old and shrouded in the mists of time. Digitized at 78 revolutions per minute. Collection. The girl's body washes up near a mill, where the miller's daughter mistakes her corpse for that of a swan. The song recounts a tale in which a young woman is drowned by her jealous older sister in an effort to gain the younger sister's beloved. Uploaded by Escape will cancel and close the window. The songs are rough garage rock influenced by punk and boasting heavy bluesy style. I'm all o'er grown with Hair. and if you won't believe me, Copyright © 2001-2020 by The Jack Horntip ", "Away you filly Daughter, The Miller's Daughter By Alfred, Lord Tennyson About this Poet More than any other Victorian-era writer, Tennyson has seemed the embodiment of his age, both to his contemporaries and to modern readers. The preferred versions suggested by an audio engineer at George Blood, L.P. have been copied to have the more friendly filenames. Three stylii were used to transfer this record. Conditions of she made the matter plain. 4.2K likes. Hailing from the magical location of Stonehenge, identical mirror twin sisters Christie and Loui were born into a musical world. why sure you rid upon the Main." The Miller's Daughter The Miller's Daughter riding to the Fair, without a Saddle upon a scurvy Mare, cry'd, "Oh Mother I'm quite undone, I'm all o'er grown with Hair." "O mother, you're ten times worse, The recording on the other side of this disc: YOU'RE MY LOVE SONG. If you are a member of The Session, log in to add a comment. "The Miller’s Daughter" is possibly a development of an older tune, "I Fee’d a Lad at Michaelmas". VERSE 1There was a miller lived by th sea shoreBow down, bow downThere was a miller lived by th sea shoreBow and bend to me-oThere was a miller lived by th sea shoreAnd he had daughters three 'er fourAnd I'll be true to my loveIf my love'll be true to meVERSE 2Th oldest girl she had a beauBow down, bow downThe oldest girl she had a beauBow and bend to me-oTh oldest girl she had a beauAnd her beau bought her a new hatT'is, I'll be true to my loveIf my love'll be true to meVERSE 3Th youngest girl she did'nt like thatBow down, bow downTh youngest girl she did'nt like thatBow and bend to me-oThe youngest girl she did'nt like thatFor her sister's beau bought her a new hatI'll be true to my loveIf my love'll be true to meVERSE 4Come sister, come sister, let's walk a sea shoreBow down, bow downCome sister, come sister, let's walk a sea shoreBow and bend to me-oCome sister, come sister, let's walk a sea shoreAn' watch th boats go sailing o'erT'is, I'll be true to my loveIf my love'll be true to meVERSE 5While they were walking on th brimBow down, bow downWhile they were walking on th brimBow and bend to me-oWhile they were walking on th brimTh older pushed the younger inT'is, I'll be true to my loveIf my love'll be true to meVERSE 6O miller, O miller, there swims a white swanBow down, bow downO miller, O miller, there swims a white swanBow and bend to me-oO miller, O miller, there swims a white swanIf it's not a swan it is a fair oneT'is I'll be true to my loveIf my love'll be true to meVERSE 7Th miller, he threw in his grab hookBow down, bow downTh miller, he threw in his grab hookBow and bend to me-oTh miller, he threw in his grab hookAnd landed her safely out'a th brookT'is, I'll be true to my loveIf my love'll be true to meVERSE 8If you'll give me your diamond rings tenBow down, bow downIf you'll give me your diamond rings tenBow and bend to me-oBut she would'nt give him her diamond rings tenAnd so he shoved her in againT'is, I'll be true to my loveIf my love'll be true to me, EO/AA/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, Board of Governors, Missouri State University.