Listen to your favourite songs from Zenyatta Mondatta (Remastered 2003) by The Police now. [6], Zenyatta Mondatta reached number one in both the UK and Australia. Geddit? We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. And made it all sound so damn easy. (Peter Sellers played him in the film). There are, perhaps, trends you can detect, but they're not conscious ones. The songs are good and we had more material which could have been good too. Early 1980 found them returning to the States for the third time in 12 months before broadening their horizons with trips to Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, Bombay, Eqypt and Europe. its a time capsule. Thankfully, the Police chose the path of experimentation, while maintaining the likeable qualities of melody and fine musicianship that made the group so instantly popular. It means you're becoming public property. And the album ends with an instrumental, which is very insulting; The Other Way Of Stopping by the lovely Sting. It floats on lovely, mellow rhythm from Summers but some more of that subterranean bass droning infuses it with the ambiguous sadness of the lyrics. Zenyatta Mondatta (stylised as Zenyattà Mondatta on the album cover artwork) is the third studio album by English rock band the Police, released in 1980.It was co-produced with Nigel Gray.It features the two hit singles: "Don't Stand So Close to Me" and "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da".It reached number one on the UK Albums Chart.. Exclusive discount for Prime members. On their third album, 'Zenyatta Mondatta', the Police prove that, unlike other English bands toying with Jamaican music, they're quite comfortable with the hybrid formula. [24] At the Grammy Awards in 1982, "Don't Stand So Close to Me" won for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal, while "Behind My Camel" won for Best Rock Instrumental Performance, marking the Police's second consecutive win in the latter category. Which brings me to my conclusions about 'Zenyatta Mondatta'. As your browser speaks English, would you like to change your language to English? Do you know any background info about this album? 'Canary In A Coalmine', double-time reggae, recalls some off-the-wall calypso numbers with some clever audio tracks from Andy Summers guitar. Bit annoyed I'm constantly asked by Amazon to review products, Rezension aus dem Vereinigten Königreich vom 19. They're witty, inventive, charismatic, and possess a unique vocal and instrumental style. Very subtle. Höre Zenyatta Mondatta (Remastered 2003) von The Police auf Deezer. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. [7] The two singles also became the band's first top ten hits on the US Billboard Hot 100, with both peaking at number ten on the chart. Miles came up with 'Trimondo Blondomina'. .....mit dieser Scheibe hat die Band mit ihren eigenen, erkennbaren musikalischen Stiel den Gipfel erreicht. Seite drucken . Ethnomusicologists will note the similarity between the "Hey!" We only had a month to do it in, yet had to take a week off in the middle to come to England and do the Milton Keynes concert. I hadn't seen the world for start. "NME, 9/81, "When we were making our third album, 'Zenyatta Mondatta', we kept getting phone calls from people in the music industry. There's Canary In A Coalmine, which should be called "Get That Canary Out Of A Denver Coalmine", it's such a steal. On another, more immediate level, 'Zenyatta Mondatta' offers near-perfect pop by a band that bends all the rules and sometimes makes musical mountains out of molehill-size ideas. Oh, and we'll singalongaSting, sounding less piercing and anguished now as he sings about the 'Man In A Suitcase' a perennial song of the traveller. This is really light entertainment, the sound of thick skin. Then there are two, three quarter instrumental tracks on which The Police feel they're going too far and throw in a few words to avoid trouble - the mantra-ish Voices In My Head and the Little Sir Echo heaven Shadows In The Rain. Stewart's drurns are well to the foreground, Andy is more up front on guitar and Sting's vocals are slightly back in the mix, but between them they manage to strike a balance in terms of ego and firepower. The Police seemed to be a good thing. Possibly the least best of all of their excellent albums but still a lot of good stuff to enjoy. It's just like a trip back in time. The band members have often expressed disappointment over the album, going so far as to re-record two songs during a brief, unsuccessful reunion in 1986. They seem determined to keep trying to stretch it. It was cutting it very fine." So we got really charged by this, like having a hundred volts up your ass, and we thought. Leider ist ein Problem beim Speichern Ihrer Cookie-Einstellungen aufgetreten. It is a mystery, an unresolved problem, a will-he-or-won't-he? September 2016, I recently replaced my vinyl copy of this, and other Police albums, with CDs. Knowing of my reputation for reviewing albums I hadn't heard, Copeland tried to catch me out by asking, "What did you think of number, 'Someone Shat in the Shatt el-Arab?". 'Drive To Tears' is even stronger, though Sting's muted delivery almost understates the conscience-berating of an affluent observer of Third World misery. On the other hand, however, their individualistic fusion of polished reggae, bathroom-echo dub, Andy Summer's Jeff Beck-cum-Ramones guitar thrash and Sting's inverted pop hooks is too often filed under 'FM punk'. 'Canary In A Coalmine' is something of a departure in feel, a buoyant up tempo number with obvious single possibilities, but the last two on the side, Sting's 'Voices Inside My Head' and Copeland's 'Bomb's Away', are far from exciting. Nachdem Sie Produktseiten oder Suchergebnisse angesehen haben, finden Sie hier eine einfache Möglichkeit, diese Seiten wiederzufinden. 'When The World Is Running Down' is pre Rossinus Mantuanus (via Karl Orff) with metre altered to fit the characteristic Police beat. This could get embarrassing... 'De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da' carries about as much weight as 'Ob La Di, Ob La Da', opening a meandering Side 2. By word and note it's as articulate and literate as you might hope. EUR 22,99* The Police: Zenyatta Mondatta (180g) LP, (180g) * … The views were spectacular across the bay to the distant mountains. [27], ^shipments figures based on certification alone, Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal, When the World Is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around, "There's nobody between us and the Beatles now! Two instrumentals, 'Behind My Camel' (Summers) and 'The Other Way Of Stopping' (Copeland), are one idea jobs with stunted growth although the latter sees Sting having fun bouncing very profundo bass off the guitar melody. But were it not for the fact that Stewart Copeland gets 15p for every copy passing through the record shops, I would buy a dozen or so for my special friends - Malcolm Muggeridge, Allen Ginsberg, Jeremy Thorpe, Maggie Thatcher, etc - as my contribution to the broadening of their horizons. Side two opens with Sting lamenting the "escape of eloquence": "All I want to say to you is De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da", and that's all he says, alright. That sort of thing. More obvious are the influences of India, Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern music and atmosphere. The reggae influence is still here, but The Police were definitely developing their own unique sound at this point. The Police are a phenomenally successful, modern pop band in a classic mould. I was received by Miles Copeland, then, after a whispered conference in a hallway outside the reception room where the interview took place, by the three great men themselves.