No they're not but it's easier to remove the muffins from the tin when you use a muffin liner. I always use a paper towel because it prevent the muffins from getting soggy which in turn helps baked good stay fresh longer. Add all of the dry ingredients to one bowl mix to combine and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). A classic blueberry muffin recipe is an essential component of a good cook’s kitchen, and this big-batch rendition, made tangy with buttermilk and fragrant with lemon zest, is one that will stand the test of time. April is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”. The crumb topping is so good! Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture. Feel free to use frozen blueberries but just know it may make streaks in the batter and you may experience a longer bake time. Love it! Definitely pinning this for later! Divide the batter into a muffin lined tin. Mix this with flour mixture. Using a hand whisk, whisk for 1.5-2 minutes (don’t forget about important this step is!). Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven or until done. Step 8. Such lovely memories, never to be forgotten. Thank you so much Erin. In another bowl, add the sugar, eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil and melted butter. Preheat your oven to 475 degrees. For instance, use a different fruit. Gail Montero. Preheat the oven to 350F for 8-10 minutes or until warmed through. When you’re ready have them, take them out and let them come to room temperature. Add all the streusel ingredients to a bowl. Preheat your oven to 475 degrees. My kitchen assistant Bany (a black lab) liked eating the blueberries straight from the bushes. I know, my mouth is watering just thinking about it too! To Die For is right when it comes to these blueberry muffins. Bake at 475 for 7 minutes then reduce the temperature up 350 and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Here’s what you need to do. Perfect for a weekday morning or brunch! Check out Sugar spun for a detailed step by step on how to make parchment paper muffin liners. When you're ready have them, take them out and let them come to room temperature. Use lots of blueberries, fresh or frozen will work. Wash your fresh blueberries and gently dry them with a paper towel. Then place into a resealable freezer bag or container with a lid and pop them into the freezer. They’re delicious. Place a paper towel on the bottom of the container or bag. Then place into a resealable freezer bag bag or container and pop them into the freezer. Best blueberry muffins I’ve ever had! Hello and good day, thanks for the idea. Blueberry picking with my father was a childhood pleasure that still comes to my mind whenever I pick them. FIRST make sure they’ve cooled to room temperature. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Add all of the dry ingredients to one bowl mix to combine and set aside. Add all the streusel ingredients into a bowl. Butter and oil combination – I like to use a combination of unsalted butter and vegetable oil to give these old-fashioned blueberry muffins the perfect amount of moisture without being too heavy or dense. Stine Mari. We went for two glasses of sparkling wine mixed with elderflower juice that I made a few days ago. So there you have it. I made a few changes to the original recipe and you'll find them in brackets. It makes a quite a lot of muffin crumb, so if don't care for a lot, just make half or omit the crumble altogether. How delicious is a fresh, warm homemade old fashioned buttermilk blueberry muffin with a crumb top? Because there are so many berries in the batter, these muffins should be baked in a paper cup to contain the juice. Nothing hits quite like a warm blueberry muffin that’s slathered with salted butter. Thanks for stopping by! Add the muffins then place another paper towel on top then add the lid or zip the bag shut. In another bowl, add the sugar, eggs, vanilla, vegetable oil and melted butter. Step 6-7. How to make the best blueberry Muffins: Use buttermilk for a tender crumb. Mix this with flour mixture. And oh my how delicious do these look, absolutely amazing. Check out. If you plan on freezing the muffins. 1/2 cup white sugar 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup butter, cubed 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon Directions. Always use a paper towel because it prevents the muffins from getting soggy which in turn helps these blueberry muffins stay fresh longer. These muffins look amazing! No problem. No buttermilk? Add the buttermilk to the wet ingredients and whisk for 30 seconds. Fold in blueberries. I had some buttermilk I needed to use up and this recipe was perfect for it! Decreasing the temperature to 350 allows them to continue to bake perfectly.