Haven’t tasted it yet but hoping it’s yummy and chocolaty PB goodness! I’m so glad you love it! Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe I have made it twice within the past week. Let it boil for a minute or so until it thickens. Can I make it while meal prep? Don’t miss my tutorial on how to freeze ripe avocados. It’s rich and creamy and insanely delicious especially when you top it with some vegan dark chocolate shavings and some vegan whipped cream! I love it, too! Yes! Thanks! If you want a change of pace, I like a few drops of almond extract in this for a little something extra, but it’s also completely delicious without it if you’re not a fan. I like it here because it gives such a gorgeous texture, but if you’re a cornstarch fan, go for it! Thank you! I’m sorry! Thank you for helping our gluten-free, dairy-free household! The internet thinks flour might work instead but I’m hesitant. I used coconut cream and it turned out super thick and creamy. Did you use another kind of milk? You can use cornstarch instead of arrowroot if you like here. Just following up- Thank you very much for the tips. It was very chocolatey and yummy, especially poured into a peanut butter-graham cracker crust. If you want to loosen your pudding up a bit, just add a splash of milk and whisk it in. Abi – I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Chocolate cookie in a muffin liner for the crust and made the pudding with peanut butter chips instead of chocolate chips and whipped cream on top. If he’s a die-hard hater, he might still be able to tell. I would not recommend actual flour for this recipe. You won’t need to wonder if it’s thickened, you’ll know it is! The texture wasn’t as smooth as I hoped but the flavor was so good. Thank you so very much! Thank you so much for making me smile! Required fields are marked *. I’d love to help. thanks for sharing . Or, if you prefer a traditional pie crust, this one is vegan + gluten free! I hope that helps for next time! HOW TO GET RID OF LUMPS IN YOUR PUDDING. Wisdom teeth recover can be so rough! The idea didn’t appeal to me one bit. Your email address will not be published. I can’t find a good vanilla pudding that’s soy, dairy and corn free. This recipe looks amazing! Oh my GOODNESS! If you use a full can of coconut cream, it will be VERY thick, so I recommend doing HALF the amount of coconut cream and adding more water or almond milk for the rest. The cons mostly revolve around the difficulty of navigating a snack calendar with dietary restrictions. Just discovered that I only have 1 tbsp of cornstarch left and no arrowroot starch. And if you love this, you’ll also love our vegan chocolate avocado mousse so check that out too! Eager to give this a try. Does arrowroot make the texture smoother or is there something else I can do to make the cornstarch texture smoother? Just made it into mini pies tonight for PI day. Emily thanks for sharing that seriously amazing chocolate pudding recipe !!! Another trick is that if you *do* accidentally get it too thick, you can loosen it back up with some additional milk and some whisking after it’s refrigerated. I haven’t had chocolate pudding in years but as soon as I saw this recipe I got an intense craving. Pre-heat oven to 350F / 180 C. Line or grease a cupcake tray and set aside. I’m going to use this as food samples in a class I’m teaching on how to replace dairy in your life. Pour in the coconut and almond milk and whisk to combine. Thanks for sharing! In the “notes on the recipe” section, you’ll see that cornstarch will work too! The mixture will slowly thicken as it comes to a low boil. Did I mention how fast you can make this??? This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. I’d wait till you have a chance to get to the store for best results. It's a feast to the eyes too! Thank you! Would adding a little more vinegar and baking soda help to make it rise a bit more? Maybe I could grate it or break into pieces? Julia – I’m SO HAPPY to hear that! Yes! What purpose does it serve? I wanted to make cupcakes but had no wrappers. Love that frosting very much….and the deep brown color of the cupcakes…! If you want an even richer version using peanut butter and no refined sugars, then you might want to check out this Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter pudding recipe too. Once or twice a quarter, for instance, the kids get to have chocolate pudding as part of their snack, and this is the BEST gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate pudding recipe we’ve put together. Any tips? It’s a decadent, delicious treat whether you have dietary restrictions or not! Wow it is amazing! Mine didn’t last until midnight. I don't really my cakes super dense- that's what I like brownies for I love the idea of using avocados instead of egg replacements and artificial/processed ingredients- that's what's holding me back from taking the vegan plunge. I used the coconut sugar so perhaps it’s less sweet on the palate than white sugar.