If you don’t happen to have skewers, that’s not a problem at all, you can just shape them and grill them as they are, especially if you go for a grill pan, where the skewers won’t fit in. Make the salad. Kofta - Chop green onions. Add turkey mince. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, up to one day in advance...the earlier you do it the more flavorful the meat will be. Remove skewers from water and set aside. Spray a. CA Agri Tour + Instant Pot Chicken Mole Tacos with Pomegranate Salsa, Rum Soaked Prune Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce, 1¼ pounds ground turkey (breast & thigh meat). Grate onion into a large bowl. How to Make Turkey Kofta. . Spoon yogurt sauce onto serving plates and top with kofta and toasted nuts. To keep things simple, we saute them in a pan and serve them with a creamy, tangy yogurt sauce. Cover in cling wrap and place in fridge for 20 minutes. (Can be done 1 day ahead). Here’s one from the archives with the recipe freshly updated! Tired of dinner decisions? It’s the tough life of a recipe developer. Heat large frypan and add oil or lightly spray koftas with olive oil spray on all sides.Cook on high for 1 minute each side until brown. Method. Add panko and toss again until zucchini is covered in panko. In this turkey kofta kebab recipe, ground turkey and minced onion are mixed with cumin and allspice to make a delicious grilled dinner. In a large bowl whisk together olive oil and honey. Drizzle the top of the salad with the lemon juice and olive oil and toss well to evenly coat. It’s a work in progress…and I’ve learned a lot through trial and error. Form into 1” / 2.5 cm wide meatballs. I always love a good challenge, so right after my positive endoscopy I got straight to work in the kitchen, developing gluten free versions of all my old favorite recipes. Out went the wheat flour and in came a parade of strange sounding ingredients, ancient grains, and new, never-been-touched-by-gluten kitchen equipment. I’m thrilled you & your husband enjoyed the kebabs! again. These yummy turkey kofta are ready in just 15 minutes, and are jammed packed with protein. Your kofta recipe looks amazing! Though kofta kebabs are typically made with ground lamb, turkey is a nice, light alternative. We absolutely love them on my gluten-free flatbreads, but they work equally well over rice, or just a bed of greens. Remove the meat from the skewers and break up into chunks. I still make kofta kebabs all the time. I'm normally meh on zucchini but really liked it this way! For us summer brings lots of grilling out-of-doors, family picnics, and concerts in the park, all of which are all about the food. Make the yogurt sauce. I'm Alison--recipe developer, mom to three great kids, and a celiac. Zucchini spears - Slice in quarters lengthwise. I mean, seriously, how many of us go to a family reunion for the family? To serve: Koftas can be enjoyed with a garlic or tzatziki dipping sauce, pita bread and tabouli. Kofta is the common term for the combination of ground meat, onions and spices shaped into balls and cooked. Prepare the kofta. . If it’s too cold to grill, broil the kebabs in the oven (or cook on the stove on a grill pan). Don’t be intimidated by the length of the recipe. Add zucchini and toss to coat. Make yogurt sauce - If prepping right before cooking, turn oven on before continuing with prep. Use your hands or a large spoon to all of the ingredients together just until evenly mixed. Cover in cling wrap and place in fridge for 20 minutes. Add the pistachios, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, lemon zest and mint. Turkey Kofta Kebab w/ Tomato, Cucumber & Feta Salad. Lower heat to medium, and add stock. Toss in the sliced red onion and Feta cheese. Your food photography is wonderful. Loved it! And look for the ripest cherry tomatoes you can find (good luck with that). Thanks so much for stopping by, Kenilee! To serve, pile the meat, salad, and yogurt sauce over warm. Soggy, store bought potato salad and mayo-laced ANYTHING is right out, in my humble opinion. The doner is a Turkish creation of meat, often lamb, but not necessarily so, that is seasoned, stacked in a cone shape, and cooked slowly on a vertical rotisserie. I'm excited to share my recipes with you, whether you are on a gluten free diet or not--there will be plenty of variety for everyone! The one thing I could not find was fresh mint, so I used dried and although fresh would have been best, but the dried worked well. Lately I have been thinking a lot about summer…our plans for travel and adventure, for sure…but mostly I’m thinking about the things I’d like to EAT & DRINK. Lower heat and continue cooking for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through. Thank you so much, Alaine! Look for tahini, a sesame paste, with Middle Eastern ingredients or in the natural-foods section of the supermarket.