Seriously, why does the Saltzpyre/Kruber Greatsword seem so ineffective? idk i find the sword kinnnnnnnda op at what its ment to do tbh its a weapon that donst do everything like halbard or that 1 handed sword but it gets the job done what it was make for....killing hordes and laughing like crazy while doing it. ), while hammer's that kind of a beast that cleaves multiple enemies at the same time. It's one of the few Kruber weapon that has good moveability and good damage to all types of units at the same time. This page was last edited on 19 June 2020, at 00:23. Overhead attacks generally hit fewer enemies per swing (1-3; EX only hits 2), but deal more damage per hit than swipes. Greatsword feels rather useless as it deals little damage to anything armored in my experience, which starts to be quite important on harder difficulties. Why Nerf Kruber/Salz Greatsword? This, coupled with its Headshot Damage trait, makes it extremely potent against Elites and Bosses as it deals 2-3 times more damage per hit than 2H heavy headshots do. Game content and materials are trademarks and copyrights of their respective publisher and its licensors. They're both great against armour. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Bash attacks (blocking and holding LMB) All the axes, dual daggers etc. The heavy attacks on it don't make too much of a difference in any way either, other than being so slow you get hit more often than not. The problem is really that, for the most part, every character that gets a greatsword has better options. It sucks versus armor, and although they made it slightly faster to move around with, it still doesn't reach or cleave nearly enough. All rights reserved. Kruber's Two-Handed Sword. You can also check out our to-do or join our discord channel if you'd like to help out. I'll try to cover as much as I can think of here. Greatsword has better cleave, Executioner will do more damage and a lot more headshot damage too. Then again, I think other weapons have similar problems. Kruber's greatsword is pretty much completely outclassed by his executioner sword, which does a better job clearing hordes and has an anti-armor function. They can often be a guaranteed hit on you with how much the game spawns at the same time, usually on the same space, and the fact that you have to spam left click so hard you get a strain injury doesn't help matters if they aren't cleaving at all. Cleave is a necessity since this game favours volumes of enemies during hordes. The extra damage from tagging, not to mention his headshot instakill, can go some way towards making it effective against armour, and it already excels at crowd-clearing. The Zealot can use it rather effectively, too, if it's combined with the cooldown on crit trait, ensuring that his ult will be available almost at will. I've wanted to do good with it ever since I got the red one for Kruber, but I just can't. Overhead attacks generally hit fewer enemies per swing (1-3; EX only hits 2), but deal more damage per hit than swipes. executioner's sword is basically a better version of the 2h sword. If you were looking for Vermintide … hammer = crowd control and anti armor, halberd = crowd killing, anti armor and long reach. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. I haven't used it much on Kruber, but with Salty I've found the 2h sword can work rather well with WHC. Discussion. A tiny falchion can light attack through armored enemies, aside from many 1 handed weapons as well, but a GREATSWORD can't? Saltzpyre's flamberge is halfway decent on Zealot with his increased attack speed, but flail and falchion both do a relatively equivalent job clearing hordes with anti-shield/armor attacks. To collaborate on this wiki, just click "edit" on an article! Kruber, Greatsword and Executioner Sword? Halberd, crit, swift slaying and spam away those light attacks. Upgraded it from "Useless" to "Playable", but its still not particularly amazing. © Valve Corporation. Yes, exec sword is buggy af and not worth using atm, you'll just get yourself killed. Sergeant's Greatsword Exotic A militia sergeant’s weapon of choice, requiring … Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Executioner's charged attack one-shots anything that is not a boss and it barely ever misses. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America). Halberd is much better at headshotting (headslashing? You'd think since primary and charged attacks are both cleaves, that it'd be the ultimate cleave weapon. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America), https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1673723365. Honestly not much else to say about this because you don't even need to headshot to do comparable damage, the light attack pattern is way better (wide perfectly horizontal sweeps on a headshot oriented weapon), it's far better at dealing damage to armored with charged swings and can also cc elites like 2h sword if you headshot with your lights (which is easy due to really good light attack pattern). Data is only as good as your ability to understand what it means, and I think their assumption that user input is flawed or even bad is a dangerously ignorant one. I see no reason to not use the executioner over it, and that's sad. ... (Legend for Vermintide 2, Tier 10 for World of Tanks). Content is available under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted. The greatsword, both as Saltzpyre and Kruber, is the only weapon I consistantly go down while using. What's the difference? © Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. I remember I used to like it a lot when the game was new and I only played normal, but now that I play cata I can't figure out how to use this weapon properly. headstabbing? Normal attacks are great for crowd swiping. Kruber, Greatsword and Executioner Sword? Executioner Sword got phantom swing that deals no damage. 1h weapon level dodge, good cleave, good single target damage, and super strong stagger. For community discussion check out our awesome subreddit. sadly the closess thing you are going to get to is the 2h hammer or the other 2h sword and its really not a deed weapon to begen with its just your horde clearing option/cc. A misforged greatsword, likely granted to a new recruit that he might practice the arts of battle. I don't like it, either. All the essential info and guides for Fatshark's Vermintide 2. This is because the EX heavy attacks are Overhead attacks, which have a hidden statistic in Vermintide 2. Greatsword got some buffs in the last update. Or rather it IS. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.