I did try the gingerbread Pop-Tarts last year and loved them! I have a pop-tart each morning at work, and these are delicious! before yelling for hot-dog-pop-tarts you first need to indulge yourself in the maple bacon pop tarts! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Stir in lemon juice and citric acid. Some will like it, some don’t and most of the people will probably buy better tasting pop-tarts. Watermelon has always been my favorite jolly rancher flavor, and this pop tart does not disappoint. Instead, there’s a vaguely medicinal and floral fruit taste diluted by an intense sugar sweetness. Though i love watermelon flavor in any kind of way i’m kinda convinced kelloggs screwed up the idea behind watermelon pop-tarts (considering a lover of (artifical)fruit flavor like froot loops is just giving this tart a mediocre 5 out of 10). The outside frosting design is whimsical and all, with its watermelon-inspired design, but that’s really the most positive thing I can say about them. 1 day ago. Instead of the subtle, fruity sweetness you get from real melon, candies like Jolly Rancher instead hands you this vulgar, over-the-top, super tart horse shit that doesn’t resemble watermelon at all. But is it true? Pop-Tarts toaster pastries are part of a balanced breakfast, afternoon snack or late-night treat, each serving is a good source of 6 essential vitamins and minerals. Today, with more than 20 flavor varieties, whether you enjoy them toasted or right from the pack, Kellogg's Pop-Tarts are crazy good. And with screwed up i mean it’s nothing special. They’re Frosted Watermelon Pop-Tarts, and even though this flavor existed way back in the ancient 1990s (doesn’t that picture look like something out of a bootleg Zoombinis game? Sorry, this webpage requires JavaScript to function correctly. Thanks! Powered by, Strap in, It's Time For Nihilistic Mystery Gummy Worm Reviews, What's Takoyaki? 14 hours ago, by Chanel Vargas Even though snow is still falling, tacky wreaths are still hanging, and leftover stuffing is still being refrigerated, Kellogg’s just released what might be their summeriest Pop-Tart yet (wait, “summeriest” is really a word? I think even my gf would need a break from that xD, btw do you really eat all of them in “one sitting” / after opening and reviewing them for the next few days or do you tend to take a break and eat the rest of them a couple of month later, when you feel like eating a pop-tart again? See more details at. DIY Watermelon Jolly Rancher Pop-Tarts Are Made With the Actual Candy, Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Tatsuya Kawauchi, Nutella Is Selling a DIY Holiday Breakfast Kit That Includes Gingerbread Pancake Mix, We Can't Stop Laughing at These Chocolate-Covered-Strawberry Turkeys — Here's How to Make Them, Kamala Harris's Family-Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe Only Requires 5 Steps, This Creamed Spinach Recipe Is the Most Indulgent Way to Eat Your Greens, Joanna Gaines's Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Is as Comforting as It Is Delicious, Do or Do Not, We Must Try This Hot-Cocoa Bomb With a Baby Yoda Marshmallow Inside. I’m reminded of picnics and 4th of July barbecues even as the freezing rain falls above my head. Spread out 1/4 cup of the watermelon jelly onto half of your pie dough rectangles. (They’ve also devised one of the most cringey ad campaigns on Earth, both on TV and on their boxes). I love them so much that made this purse! Will this flavor have me starring in One Chewed Over the Cuckoo’s Nest? ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, VITAMIN B1 [THIAMIN MONONITRATE], VITAMIN B2 [RIBOFLAVIN], FOLIC ACID), CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, DEXTROSE, SOYBEAN AND PALM OIL (WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS), CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, WHEAT STARCH, DRIED APPLES, SALT, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), MALIC ACID, GELATIN, XANTHAN GUM, PECTIN, YELLOW 5 LAKE, SOY LECITHIN, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, NIACINAMIDE, RED 40 LAKE, BLUE 1 LAKE, RED 40, REDUCED IRON, VITAMIN B6 (PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE), VITAMIN B2 (RIBOFLAVIN), VITAMIN B1 (THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE). Leave a comment. This might just taste better than the original! For as long as I can remember there’s always been this intense rivalry over Pop-Tarts VS Toaster Strudels. Love that the frosting/ filling not only look like watermelon, but also tastes delicious. But at the end of the day, unless you’re a real watermel-oholic or a diehard Hostess Fruit Pie fanatic (I’m serious: bring back Fruit Pie the Magician! And it did! These watermelon pop-tarts are the best! Required fields are marked *. Frozen Takoyaki - H-mart: Cherry Hill, NJ Octobus balls! The soft, golden crust of these neon pink and green Frosted Watermelon Pop-Tarts doesn’t have the buttery golden flavor I was hoping for. and maple flavor! before yelling for hot-dog-pop-tarts you first need to indulge yourself in the maple bacon pop tarts! It brings to mind that nasty candied, flavored toothpaste that that they sell to encourage young kids to brush more. Watermelon Pop-Tarts straight up, 100% taste like a frigging Jolly Rancher. Your email address will not be published. We’re having technical issues, but we’ll be back in a flash. Thanks! By giving that pale dough some healthy color through the miracle of toaster science, the formerly bland crust now had a rich browned flavor which well balanced the still overly sweet but now jelly-like insides. The middle isn’t much better. I thought so, but was kinda worried we “push” you into eating pop-tarts all week/day long , Your email address will not be published. Your email address will never be sold or distributed to a third party for any reason. GET IT CUZ MELONS GROW IN A PATCH AND SOUL-PATCHES ONCE EXISTED OH HOH HOH HOH. The middle isn’t much better. But that’s when they’re eaten straight out of the box. I really enjoyed this as a nice snack in the middle of the day. Be careful not to puncture the bottom crust.Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown. If the frosting is too watery, add more powdered sugar (1 or 2 tablespoons at a time until desired consistency is achieved). Will this flavor have me starring in One Chewed Over the Cuckoo’s Nest? www.sometimesfoodie.com/2016/03/watermelon-pop-tarts-walmart.html Pop-Tarts was the more “fun” toaster pastry, coming up with insane flavor varieties, like PB&J or hot-fudge sundae, that almost come close to Pizza Lab territory. Personally I never picked a side; I enjoyed both of them, though as a kid growing up, my mother never really bought Toaster Strudels for whatever reason.