I have looked into making my own sausage but never got around to it, never mind smoking it. That was the one reason I got the bradley smoker. Are you concerned that I have a nicotine addiction? Somewhat hard to find in Canada. I was nervous because you can't use just any old sausage in your gumbo if you want it done right. Simply heat on the stovetop or grill. Consider reserving about 1/3 of the pork meat and dice into small chunks so that there are chunks of ham in the sausage. Goodness, I am so totally impressed with you Steve!! See more details at. We are delighted you have so many creative ways to enjoy our Cajun Style Andouille Smoked Sausage! GLUTEN FREE. Handcrafted with natural spices and only the finest cuts of meat, Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage is the delicious answer to weeknight dinners. Today I want to share with you my recipe for smoked andouille sausage. Sorry, but we can't respond to individual comments.If you need immediate assistance, please contact Customer Care. Ensure that you do not have the chunks of meat too large as they may clog up the stuffer. GLUTEN FREE. Cut the pork meat and pork fat into 1-2 inch cubes. I've looked everywhere on line but it seems to be out of stock. (16) 12oz packages. I hope it's only because of COVID-19… Because all the other flavors are available except for Cajun Style Andouille Smoked Sausage??? Crafted from animals raised humanely and fed a vegetarian grain diet. Send me an email when my question is answered, We're committed to providing low prices every day, on everything. I really want to try my hand at making my own sausage. I’ve just started making sausage, my first one was a Kasewurst, but it wasn’t smoked. I’d love to know if you have and if it’s successful. Gluten free. Your email address will never be sold or distributed to a third party for any reason. We do have a big smoker here and after seeing this I am ready to make use of it-your sausages look tasty. I love to do low temp smokes – fish, sausage, etc. I use this in my gumbo, and my shrimp creole. I’m just worried because its hard to keep a Big Green Egg that low. To ensure we are able to help you as best we can, please include your reference number: One 13 oz. Steve – thanks so much for the info! Hard work. Andouille is of French origin, but as with other French dishes, it was brought to the United States and modified in the southern states. *Product and shipping weight totals to 18 lbs. Impressive! They are hard to keep below 200. I have made it at both ratios and, even though leaner may be healthier, the ratio of 30% fat did provide a better texture sausage and a far better taste. I wish y'all would bring the original Beef Hot Links the thick ones good for grilling. Andouille is excellent on its own, but it is also quite popular as an ingredient in many Cajun dishes such as gumbo, jambalaya and others. Really Well Done!! (16) 12oz package. Fully cooked and ready in minutes, our flavorful smoked sausage delivers a farmhouse-quality meal with rich, bold flavor. Made With Beef Collagen Casing. I use the sausage in mass at my restaurant but just cannot find it at grocery stores right now. If I go more than 3 or 4 days, I start to feel it and its not a good feeling. Knead it together well so that everything is combined thoroughly. Perfectly seasoned and smoked to perfection. GLUTEN FREE. Reduce heat; simmer 8-10 minutes or until hot. Cajun andouille is smoked and packed with spices such as paprika, cayenne, thyme and garlic. Great job on making your own andouille sausage. Help. Smoking for me means the same thing and the true mark of a smoker/bbq/grill man is not letting subzero temps stopping them them cooking outside. Fully cooked for serving simplicity, and 94 percent fat free. Leave a comment and let me know how it turned out. It is amazing how my little smoker, I call him Bradley, is still able to pump up the heat and hold it there so I am able to get my smoked meat fix! Fully cooked and ready in minutes. We love this sausage in our gumbo! Texas and can't find many of the wonderful Cajun style foods I am used to (and love). This website is filled with lots of recipes highlighting my culinary journey. This gluten free rope is great in gumbo. Clearly that is not something anyone wants, so to prevent that using a cure is the smartest and safest best. Do you think that I have picked up a bad habit? Thanks for sharing. The andouille needs to smoke in the smoker for four hours. Since 1934, the Hillshire Farm® Brand has stood for the honest, handcrafted meats your family loves, made with the ingredients they deserve. Lou's Naturals' Family of All Natural Products, Sign up to receive special offers and promotions. Great for meals the whole family can enjoy. And we’re confident you’ll taste our commitment to quality in every bite. I’m still talking about making my own sausage, but haven’t even gotten close to actually doing it.