If you know you suffer from DVT, never apply KT Tape to the affected body parts. Try: KT Tape, RockTape. I put KT tape on my strained after 2 weeks of taking care of it. Using KT Tape in cases of deep vein thrombosis can cause blood clots to break free and travel to one of the vital organs (heart, lungs, or brain), which could be fatal. KT Tape is a company that makes Kinesiology tape for athletes of all types, from the CrossFit gym all the way to the Olympic stadium. Today I had a soccer game and in the beginning it felt fine. Before you blindly jump on the bandwagon and mummify your muscles, run through this checklist of taping do's and don'ts: Avoid those areas where your skin is hypersensitive. But they do make a good visual example of the mechanism by which the elastic qualities if kinesiology tape induces a decompressive effect bteween skin and the tissue under it. How Does KT Tape Work? If you have applied KT-Tape(R) before and are looking for tips to keep your application on longer, you can use the 8 steps below. How to Apply KT Tape in 8 Easy Tips. 1. You may even see people at your gym who are strength training and wearing Kinesiology tape! According to the blog post, “Taping for a clot is very dangerous and should never be done.” If the tape is applied properly, an increase in blood flow, pain relief and postural corrections will occur during use of kt tp. Not only do Olympic athletes wear Kinesiology tape, but athletes of all kinds benefit from using KT tape. The elastic tape is infused with cotton material to make it more comfortable. Before You Tape Up. These are techniques that are recommended by professional sports trainers and physical therapists. So did I put the KT tape the wrong way, because I followed the instructions on their site. These wringles don’t always appear and arent necessary for tape to work. Left: tape on skin showing wrinkles Right: skin immediately after tape has been removed. Then all of a sudden I went into a full sprint mode and pulled the quad again. Elastic therapeutic tape, also called kinesiology tape, kinesiology therapeutic tape, Kinesio tape, k-tape, or KT, is an elastic cotton strip with an acrylic adhesive that is used with the intent of treating pain and disability from athletic injuries and a variety of other physical disorders. Kinesio-type tape is most commonly seen in sports because it adjusts to the skin and glides as you move. Due to the lightweight strips of the kt tape, one can barely feel the tape at all.