-- Match 1: Mulligand to 5 with still 1 Land -> Conceded turn 3 to opponents Teferi, Time Raveler with only 1 Land myself Its all speculation. Ronnie Kohrt says Wizards of the Coast needs a ‘watch list’ for their formats after their recent ban and restricted schedule change announcement. by kanokarob, Omnath, A Song of Creation and Chaos It gains half of its mana. token. © 1995-2020 Wizards. However, one deck has seen many different and innovative variations recently and manages to be very good against the large number of UW and Reclamation decks that seem to dominate the MTGO scene. How healthy is Standard right now? Use the options below to exercise this right, and please review our privacy policy for complete information on how your data is used and stored. Lots of testing to do. …. - Game1 Esper Control: Got good starts in both Matches Overall this four-color Delver deck, and other various four-color builds are far from perfect, but nothing in legacy is right now. The first being that this deck is a 20-land delver deck, and when you have that many lands it’s nice to have your mana base reward you in some way. Those cards gain full mana. It’ll be one of the next things I’ll probably make room for. The Legacy hivemind instantly iterated on the deck and turned the delver deck into more of a Czeck Pile midrange deck. Return the first Land card from your graveyard to your hand. Decks; Modern; Wrenn and Six; Wrenn and Six. A list of archetypes playing Wrenn and Six by format in the last 90 days according to our MTG decks database. True Name has turned into a card that I don’t want to play, but feel I have to play, something I wouldn’t have said long ago. Fiery Islet: I’m a big fan of the single Islet for a couple of reasons. Wrenn is a white-haired Dryad who can symbiotically bind with and pilot a Treefolk. This site is unaffiliated. Whenever you Exile a Land from your hand, if it has 6 or more mana, move it to the graveyard. And either way (even more so now than if you put in fetches), you've got a pretty painful mana base, why not 4x Death's Shadow rather than Spawn of Mayhem? Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. I think its not a very intuitive idea, and not in line with how many people would typically play magic. Zachary Derepentigny is chewing up and spitting out the competition with Golgari Food in Standard! Use [[bloodbraid elf]] to cascade into land destruction or ramp. Wrenn and Six Legendary Planeswalker — Wrenn +1: Return up to one target land card from your graveyard to your hand.-1: Wrenn and Six deals 1 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.-7: You get an emblem with "Instant and sorcery cards in your graveyard have retrace. Teferi, Time Raveler is the best Planeswalker in War of the Spark, Stop being reactive and start winning games of Magic, Chewing up the competition with Golgari Food, It’s time for Wizards of the Coast to create a ‘watch list’. Please let me know, this deck is ever-evolving and is need of more molding. Within the last few months, modern has seen a major shake up. Jensu08, yeah, I’ve had turns where I have had insane amount of landfalls, especially when Ashaya, Soul of the Wild is out and I’m casting/flickering creatures. Her current host is her sixth. Not only did you give the deck more beef, it also became more efficient. Little is known about this enigmatic pair. Please leave feedback. Those cards gain full mana. )", The Mean Green Landfall Machine cEDH Meanwhile, Jund, Ponza, and UW, though different from their former selves, are still amazing. It gains half of its mana. Which decks are rising to the top? Whenever you Exile a Land from your hand, if it has 6 or more mana, move it to the graveyard. The focus of their abilities is land cards, including moving lands from exile to graveyard, or graveyard to hand, and dealing damage based on the number of lands in the graveyard. Do you have any questions or concerns with this archetype? This style of deck was dominant at SCG Philadelphia, putting two different styles into the Top 8 of the team event. There were many cards to look out for going into that event, but none stood out more the Wrenn, and Six. Privacy statement | This deck is hungry for interaction against unfair decks and can’t afford to load up on more than one preordain (even the first one isn’t that good in my opinion). 4th color comes with the cost of giving up a bit of utility in the manabase and adding a bit more of life loss, so in a competitive environment it should just be justified: Oko was not only worth splashing, but NEEDED in that megame. -- Match 2: Opponent got down a turn 1 Wrenn and Six due to Gemstone Caverns and was able to ping down my early tokens, played an Anger of the Gods turn 4, slowed me down with Jace, the Mind Sculptor & Chandra, Torch of Defiance and won with his combo turn 7 Sometimes slumps happen, Ronnie Kohrt works out of his latest and takes reader advice on getting out of a magic playing slump. The first takeaway is that four-color Delver has become the premier delver and Wrenn and Six deck.  Flip in my old Omnath, Locus of Rage build and removed it, because to me it felt slow for what it does. Also all the lands stay as islands after the fountain dies, so thats funny. The midrange decks would end up being second fiddle to the winner. by mcvee91, And the Land Beckons | Wrenn and Six Commander Wrenn and Six Deck Tech. Create a Cycle of Lands [Red/Green support with "Can't be Destroyed or Exiled. It is currently being played in Whenever you Exile a Land from your hand, if it has 6 or more mana, move it to the graveyard. DMCA requests | Deal 3 damage to any target. How does the standard format look since the bannings? Without Fiery Islet a sideboard plan is needed that includes shaving Wrenn, and right now there isn’t enough space of that card. Other ideas I forgot to mention was locking up mana with Quicksilver Fountain. Abrupt Decay: This is the most flexible pull towards black in my opinion. by Starsky2814, Eternally Cursed | Primer ellie-is: here is the update from today: Get an emblem … Wrenn and Six has not been played in any current format in the last year. Abrupt Decay puts this deck ahead in Delver mirrors due to its uncountability clause. But idk. Wrenn and Six has been played in more than 20 decks in the last year. At their core, they’re powerful and customizable which makes sense because of their access to four colors. When looking closer at the decks I realized that the Delver of Secrets version was better at winning games where it didn’t draw Wrenn and Six. The MonoW manabase felt a lot better than the Orzhov manabase indeed The card is fine, but card slots are tight and this deck would rather have Tilling Treefolk since it's a body that can be flickered by the almighty Astral Drift. Wrenn and Six come down on turn 2 and, since your opponent doesn’t receive priority until after you activate the +1 ability, they will survive a Lightning Bolt.  Flip for a CA engine, and or Wrenn and Six for the same purpose?