Thanks! To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. It’s literally faster to just have my team type in the data for themselves. It’s a different approach and good too. Thanks for the awesome tutorial. Sadly there is no way to do that automatically. Training Cost One more thing to do! I have a list of leave requests from my team, and I need a dynamic calendar made on google sheets which will automatically mark the cells against the dates on which a particular employee has placed leave requests as "On Leave" as soon as another leave request is added to the list. For a starting point, I would look at James' template in this archived thread: Our automated system analyzes replies to choose the one that's most likely to answer the question. If I want to sort alphabetically then the data validation gets messed up. var s = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSheet(); Now we can move to the final step, that is creating the dependent drop-down list. Then highlight this new list in your data validation. Ben – Great stuff here. Or check out the rest of our guided workflows. So our add-on can't also help you. Multi Row Dynamic Dependent Drop Down List in Google Sheets, Weighted Moving Average in Google Sheets (Formula Options), Wildcards in Vlookup Search Range in Google Sheets, Vlookup and Offset Multiple Criteria in Google Sheets (Array Formula), Split and Count Words in Google Sheets (Array Formula), Creating Dot Plots in Google Sheets (Learn Step by Step), How to Repeat Header in Google Docs Table – Workaround, How to Split a Table in Google Docs Word Processor, How to Create First Line Indent and Hanging Indent in Google…, The Best Grammar Checker Plugin for Google Docs, Restrict People from Entering Invalid Data on Google Doc Spreadsheet, The Best Data Validation Examples in Google Sheets, A Drop-down Menu in Google Sheets to View Content from Any Sheets in the Current Sheet, How to Highlight Cells Based on Expiry Date in Google Sheets, How to Highlight Cells Based on Multiple Conditions in Google Sheets, Countif in an Array in Google Sheets Using Vlookup and Query Combo, How to Calculate the Simple Moving Average in Google Sheets. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Please, it will make a project I am working on much easier. I do not know how to make it such that the chart will take this input, and extrapolate the time needed to hit the quota A. Hi Ben – do you know a way to create a google chart that automatically pulls in added data? Also looking for this. Keep up with your work and suggestions. I have data coming in via a Google Form. Meaning, if I choose Sam, can I see a pie chart with some data for Sam and a bar graph with different data and a table with still more data for Sam? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I created a new calendar and tried writing formulas using only the month's name chosen in A1 but they didn't work well for all months. For example, if I have a chart pulling from the series A1:A10, but every month , week, day etc. Do you know where I can find how to use and correctly configure this script so I can use it? Hi Ben! Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons. In Google Sheets, you can use scripts for dynamic depended drop down list. What does it mean when something is said to be "owned by taxpayers"? It was quite helpful, and while a little clunky, it allowed me to do exactly what I needed to do. If you want to make it on a large number of rows, it’s not suggestible as it can slow down your sheet. From this, we can select any of the four authors. I am not familiar with scripts and my attempt was to prove that the dynamic drop-down is possible with formulas too but with limitations. How can I add a third column? Please see the link shared at the end of the post under “Conclusion”. Copy the formulas. Click save. It could especially benefit companies with part-time employees that are required to turn in a time sheet at the end of every week -- assuming they use Google Calendar. I wanted a dynamic title that changed based on filtered data. Imagine a list of your activities that tells you the exact start and end times, where your event takes place, and a calculation of the duration -- for any range you want. Do you have any thoughts on how to extend this to Slides? I can share it with you. There’s a solution for multiple rows with google script here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47619562/how-to-copy-data-validation-in-a-relative-way-specifically-list-from-range-wit. Meanwhile. “Is there any way to auto-generate Column B’s Data Validation items?”. “Question closed” notifications experiment results and graduation, MAINTENANCE WARNING: Possible downtime early morning Dec 2/4/9 UTC (8:30PM…, Google sheets - VLOOKUP inside ARRAYFORMULA, 'No match' message in Google Sheets Vlookup results for cells with no data, Fill in name column based on which sheet is being imported, Google Sheets formula to concatenate column headers into a list delimited by “|”, transpose it, repeat list N times, VLOOKUP inside an ARRAY to search another Google Sheets book, Google sheets query selecting year, month and day from a group of rows containing date and time as string, Google Sheets dynamic formula to fetch sheet names and sum cell values across multiple sheets, Find supplier from bank transaction list in Google Sheets, The necessary secondary characteristics of a humanoid, sequentially hermaphroditic race, SQL Server - Benefits of splitting databases across different logical drives. Change the data validation in cell A1. As far as I know, the ‘G+ community” is no more existing or moved. How do you create a reactive calendar in Google Sheets? for every row! range.setDataValidation(rule); I add a line, is there a way the chart can automatically include new data? Isn’t it possible to do that with the ROW formula? Thank you. After creating the drop down menu, and moving onto the next steps, how can the rest be done, if you are taking information from a chart on sheet one and having the charts pop up/drop down in sheet 2? Check out our open positions at Cloudbakers.