Our information is not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any disease. It’s also a good source of magnesium, which may improve insulin Is the coconut water trend really all it’s cracked up to be? Sure. No, coconut water is not keto-friendly. Coconut water is relatively high in carbohydrates, making it not an ideal choice while following a ketogenic diet. Second, I went to my local grocery store and took a look at the nutritional label on a variety of brands of coconut water. C: 10% of the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI), 2 Coconut flour is made from ground coconut meat. Coconut water is a natural beverage that is both healthy and hydrating. the syrupy consistency to be off-putting. Carbs and Calories in Apple Cider Vinegar, Vitamin However, even though 26.7 grams of net carbs may seem like a lot, 100 grams of coconut flour goes a long way, so per serving of 2 tablespoons or 15 grams you would have 9 grams of carbs out of which, only 4 grams are net carbs. of soda. A study found that coconut water restored hydration after exercise similar to that of an electrolyte-enhanced sports beverage, and better than plain water. the University of São Paulo in Brazil, diabetic rats given coconut water had The coconut palm tree or Cocos Nucifera is a member of the palm tree family and the only known member of the genus Cocos. Then give yourself an Keto Advantage.Subscribe to the Advantage Keto Newsletter today! (*), But, newer research concludes that the saturated fats in coconut oils are unique and do not harm your heart, but in fact they protect your heart and cardiovascular system by preventing obesity and diabetes. Coconut water is the only coconut ingredient that is not approved for a keto diet. Coconut meat carb count: One cup of coconut meat only contains around 10 grams of carbohydrates which is almost half of the carb limit recommended for keto dieters. (*). Tagged With: COCONUT WATER, KETO DRINKS, KETO FRIENDLY, KETO FRIENDLY DRINKS, Read more about Steven | Read more about The Art of Keto, Contact Steven Directly - email: [email protected], Follow me: Website / Facebook / Instagram, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12056182, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17883020. I have a Bachelors degree in Anthropology and a Masters in Holistic Nutrition and have been coaching health and diet for over 15 years. Our site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon.com. The coconut fruit has three layers and those are the endocarp- inner layer, mesocarp- the middle layer, and exocarp- the outer shell of a coconut fruit. The coconut palm tree and the coconut fruit shells are decorative, the fruit is used for coconut milk and coconut water, coconut flakes, oil, and meat. Can you consume coconut oil on the keto diet? It was still relatively high in fiber and still had zero carbs. control. Antioxidants and manganese in coconut meat might help reduce inflammation and boost your immune system. It gives a tropical, sweet, and fruity taste to many dishes and drinks, so it has become a staple in many dishes and a favorite among many different people. Just remember, all of those carbohydrates will go towards your daily total and take from other, more filling and nutrient-rich sources of carbohydrates, such as green leafy vegetables. Eventually, its popularity as a side dish and... Is Apple Cider Vinegar Keto? Here is the nutritional information of 100 grams of coconut flour (*): Coconut flour has 400 calories and 26.7 grams of net carbs per 100 grams. I have been in keto for over a year off and on and fitness since 2014. Now that you know that coconut water isn’t necessarily keto-approved, let’s go over the benefits of coconut in its various forms if you decide to binge or have an ill-advised cheat day: The natural electrolytes present in coconut water make it a great replacement for sports drinks. In every 8 ounce serving of coconut water, there are 10 … Keeping in mind that it is a thick liquid, 100 grams can go a long way if you use it in moderation, it is also just slightly processed, but it should not have any added sugars or additives, although some brands may add both. (*), The fast energy that they provide goes to the brain and may help metabolism and ultimately aid weight loss. This thirst-quencher is refreshingly tasty but it contains too many carbs to make it an ideal drink on the keto diet. I have been doing off and on keto for almost 2 years now. Coconut water carb count: In one cup of coconut water you can find 9 grams of total carbohydrates. Keep on reading to find out if and which of them are low-carb and ketogenic.